Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putty sessions randomly not in tab view after upgrading
Ifter upgrading to ASG 2017 I have several putty sessions that will not go into tabbed view and are going into their own windows.  I have verified the dsiplay settings are correct.  Any insight?
Solved - downgraded putty tio v 0.66 and tabs with SSH are workign properly
Hi and thanks for your feedback !
Good to know you could solve this by yourself, but it would be good to know more about the sessions you had the effect . Can you provide some more details what kind of connection you had to possibly let us retrace the problem.
Thanks a lot !
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
We have the same issue. Running Putty 0.70. Just upgraded from 2016 to 2017 Patch 2. Putty fails to run in tab if there is a warning message displayed first. i.e. SSH into Cisco kit "The first key-exchange algorithm supported by the server is diffie-hellman-group1-sha1"

The warning message is captured by the tab but the console session is kicked loose.

A work around is to move Diffie-Hellman group 1 above the warn below message under Putty Default Session config.

Hi,
thanks for your feedback regarding the error and the workaround.
It seems some things changed in the newer putty version regarding the key exchange algorithms sort order and warning threshhold.
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --