Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Update of vRDFolder / Connection
Question 
Hi Team,

a little bit lost and some help would be appriciated.

I have a handul of connections (well, more like a LOT) that are stored in different folders.

As Example:
Folder01
- contains 100 Connections
Folder02
- contains 50 Connections
Folder 03
- Contains 600 Connections

and so on...

What I would like to do now is, create a NEW folder under each main folder and move connections into the folder.

As Example:
Folder01
> Folder HQ
- 2 Connections moved into
> Folder Germany
- 20 connections moved into
> Folder UK
- 15 Connections moved into

And as I have a LOT of connections, that needs to be moved into a lot of (new) folders to be created, I want to this this via script.
> Read from Excel
MainFolder, NewFolder, Connection name.
> Create new folder under main folder
> Move Connection (or even create new connection for missing connections) under new created folder.

I already tried a few thinks, but they don't seem to work - as neither my new folders or connections are showing up.

Any help, highly appricated.

Sie koennen auch in Deutsch antworted Smile
I think you should use "Drag & Drop" or "Cut and Paste" - a script is not the best way to perform this action - so just create your new sub folders - select the connection to move and cut and paste them - should be the fastest way...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(31-08-2017, 08:54 AM)DevOma Wrote: I think you should use "Drag & Drop" or "Cut and Paste" -  a script is not the best way to perform this action - so just create your new sub folders - select the connection to move and cut and paste them - should be the fastest way...

Talking a little bit over 2000 Folders to be created and distributing nearly 4000 Connections manually - is a lot of work Smile

But I think, I figured it out.
Ok - didn't know that you want to create 2000 folders :-) That's a lot... But that won't be easy to script with Powershell too...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(31-08-2017, 09:01 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok - didn't know that you want to create 2000 folders :-) That's a lot... But that won't be easy to script with Powershell too...

Will be using our ETL tool and combine with the location information from our call system for the folder name.