Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG not starting over VPN
Hi,

We have some collegue's working at home on client side. sice latest patch ASG won't start or very poorly.
I could however start it late at night when there is much less trafic around , so it is not related to the VPN.

My Guess is that the "offline" database connection is no longer working. ans tries to sync the whole DB again, which it fails to do in a timly manner.

When starting at home I also no longer see the option "start in offline mode"

Added to that we need to keep more logging for reporting to client connectivity. I used to keep only 2000 records, but we need at least 6 months.
2000 records is not even 2 weeks of data.
is it possible to keep that out of the download ? and only "buffer" your local activity to upload it to the central db?
First issue - can you check if everybody in your team has enabled "Automatically save offline data when ending application in database mode" - if I use this option the login dialog allows me to use the offline data...

The database will only be synced after the user reconnects the db - I think it's your data that might take to long to load over Internet.

I will add the suggestion for logging into my task list - think that makes sense to split it for some reasons...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(29-09-2017, 02:03 PM)DevOma Wrote: First issue - can you check if everybody in your team has enabled "Automatically save offline data when ending application in database mode" - if I use this option the login dialog allows me to use the offline data...

The database will only be synced after the user reconnects the db - I think it's your data that might take to long to load over Internet.

I will add the suggestion for logging into my task list - think that makes sense to split it for some reasons...

Hi ollivier,

Thanks for the reply.
Would it be possible to "archive" the loggings in SQL server and not in client use db ?
for example make each week/month/ ... a offload to a new archive table (s) where I can do SQL reporting on.
those tables should never be synced by the client application.
that way I can have much longer logging and keep the working size smaller.

if this is to hard to implement, can you give met the db relations and structures, then i'll make it in SQL server myself.
logbook and messages I don't use that much or not at all, but all the others I need for Audit purposes.
Just to inform, the save offline data checkbox was indeed off after applying the latest patch.