Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migrate from ASG 2012 to ASG 2016
Hi,
I am running ASG 2012 and tried to migrate to ASG 2016 using the export/import tools.  When I export my connections from 2012, a .vre file is created but I can find a selection in ASG 2016 to import that type of file.  I also tried the .csv and .vre options but had no success.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Chris
You do not need to export any data - just install 2016/2017, create a new environment and choose "Environment=>Migrate from 2012" - there you can select your old data source - the data will be read from there and transferred top your new environment...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-10-2017, 08:15 AM)DevOma Wrote: You do not need to export any data - just install 2016/2017, create a new environment and choose "Environment=>Migrate from 2012" - there you can select your old data source - the data will be read from there and transferred top your new environment...

This does not seem to be working. When the environment upgrades, there are no connections present.  When I export 2012 to csv and import to 2016, there are no connections present.  There seems to be no way to get my 2012 connections into 2016.  This is an issue because we have several hundred connections in nested folder groups.  It will take days to recreate all of these.  Does anyone know where there is no backward compatibility with the export formats?
Thanks
(06-09-2018, 07:05 PM)tsmclean Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 08:15 AM)DevOma Wrote: You do not need to export any data - just install 2016/2017, create a new environment and choose "Environment=>Migrate from 2012" - there you can select your old data source - the data will be read from there and transferred top your new environment...

This does not seem to be working. When the environment upgrades, there are no connections present.  When I export 2012 to csv and import to 2016, there are no connections present.  There seems to be no way to get my 2012 connections into 2016.  This is an issue because we have several hundred connections in nested folder groups.  It will take days to recreate all of these.  Does anyone know where there is no backward compatibility with the export formats?
Thanks

Nevermind.  there are two different locations where an upgrade of the existing environment is prompted.  I found Upgrade of 1012 environment OUTSIDE of the Environment manager.  Odd, but...problem solved.