Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
moving from File to Azure SQL loses Credentials for connections
Hello,

I am trying to move from file base to Azure SQL Database, I have exported to an rde file and then created the Azure SQL database, then imported the rde file and all credentials and connections are there, but there is no credentials set in the connections, where there was in the file.

This is 2017 version.

What am I doing wrong, I have tried this several time and get the same results.

I have attached the old entry in the file base and the new entry in the Azure SQL.

Bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,
that should not be the case. I will try to reproduce...
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
I am on 2017 Patch 2 if that makes a difference.
Just a short question : have you used the same useraccount for both environments ?
Normally there should be no difference between an SQL db or Azure db.
best regards,
Michael
best regards,
I think so, they user name in the bottom left status bar show the same, the file is windows account and the Azure database shows user in the environment manager, so not sure.
Short feedback: I could retrace the effect of a filebased export with P2 to Azure.
Not sure why that happened. We will work on this and give you feedback asap. Thanks for your cooperation !
best regards,
It's a bug - will be fixed in the next Patch
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
same issue here I think.

I have a file based Enviroment with Integrated Windows Authentication. I Export an rde file. I create a new SQL Enviroment based on SQL Server 2017, setting up an Internal User Authentication and import RDE.

My credentials are imported with all passwords, but all connections loose their credentials association.

Is this same bug?

When next patch will be released? I'm on 2017 Patch 2 (Latest version available today)

Many thanks
New release will be published Mid of January 2018
Regards/Gruss
Oliver