Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP Default Connection Properties - apply per folder
Hi i'm new to ASG desktop, i've looked through the forum but haven't been able to find the answer i'm looking for.  

Under connections I've created a couple of different folders that contain RDP connections for various applications that some times use different RDP gateways.  I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to can setup up each folder or "group" of connections to point at a specific RDP Gateway server for only the servers in that group. 

I've found the option for Default connection properties which if configured seems to point to only the RDP gateway configured as default ... which makes sense but i'd like to be able to configure on a folder basis and not default all to the same gateway.   

I'm using  ASG-Desktop 10.1.5713.0   Any help or user guide that walks a user through how configure this correctly would be greatly appreciated 

Best Regards,
You can easily do that :-) Just ad the role RDP for a top level folder - then this will be inherited to all sub folders / objects. Configure your RD-Gateway on any folder level (in default values) - these data will be inherited to all sub objects until you set another data category - you can do that for every property category.

The main "Default connection properties" are only for defining some default values for new objects.

Hope that helps!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver