Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Festure Request: Hide from search
We would like an inherited option to set on folders and connections "Hide from searches" that will hide a folder or connection from searches.
Fx if you are only interested in certain parts of the tree structure, but you search results returns connections you never want to see (but you still need access to because you manage them or similar).

Does this make sense? :-)
I will think about that - perhaps not a setting on the object itself but a extension in global settings where you can choose which folders are ignored/included in search - I think that could make sense...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Did you try to use "Views" instead? You can exclude folders in a View - and the QuickSearch is using only the results that are still in Navigation tree shown...

The advantage would be that you can activate a specific view instead of generally exclude folders from your search results...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I have not used Views before, so I tried creating a Include Folder view for just one toplevel folder selected, but activating it hides everything in the Navigation Tree, so not sure how it works?
Wow - yes, I have to check that also :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver