Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Error in 2017 edition. Command based csv import seems to overwrite sync config
Hi

We have been using CSV based import and sync since ASG-RD 2015.
After we upgraded to the 2017 edition we started seeing errors in the nightly sync.

Command that runs:
"C:\Program Files\ASG-Remote Desktop 2017 (X64)\ASGRD.exe" /syncaction:CSV /syncid:4ac05db6-ae3c-481e-a4d7-08a4f18a5a92 "/syncoutput:\\10.x.x.x\e$\ftproot\ASG\Logg\asg_sync_log.txt" "/instance:ASG_RDP" /loginintegrated:true /loginsubmit

Normally triggers the config defined on that folder in the Csv file part:
[Image: BeforeImportcommand.png]

However we also have a job that runs frequently that imports connection changes with an import. Running this command:

"C:\Program Files\ASG-Remote Desktop 2017 (X64)\ASGRD.exe" /instance:"ASG_RDP" /loginintegrated:true /loginsubmit /importaction:ConnectionsCsv /importsource:\\10.x.x.x\e$\ftproot\ASG\Eksport\ASG_export_regularly.csv /importoutput:\\10.x.x.x\e$\ftproot\ASG\Logg\asg_import_log.txt /importid:4ac05db6-ae3c-481e-a4d7-08a4f18a5a92

Normally these two worked perfectly together. However with the 2017 edition it seems a bug have been introduced.
The import command seems to overwrite the "sync" configuration on the folder. And based on the help doc, it is still is not possible to specify the "syncsource" in the command itself.

This is how it looks in the folder properties after the import have ran:

[Image: AfterImportcommand.png]

As you can see, it changes the source file + it also changes the "delete objects" config we normally have there. This makes the sync fail later on, as the filename does not exist (since it gets changes by the import command).
This was not like this prior to the 2017 upgrade. Guessing a bug?
I will check that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok - found it - if there are already sync options the import command will overwrite these settings with some default values - this is fixed now

But I think you would like to have another parameter so you can use your sync just with another file? In this case all options would be read from database and only the sync file would be replaced through the command line parameter? Is that right - we can implement this also
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-11-2017, 11:03 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok - found it - if there are already sync options the import command will overwrite these settings with some default values - this is fixed now

But I think you would like to have another parameter so you can use your sync just with another file? In this case all options would be read from database and only the sync file would be replaced through the command line parameter? Is that right - we can implement this also

Great, that was fast  :-) Yeah, it is not to important for us if the bug is fixed in the next version. But it would be great in general for others to i guess to support the syncfile as a parameter the same way as the import supports it. Would also require parameters for the behavior of missing items then if the idea is to not configure anything in the GUI :-)
DevOma Wrote:Ok - found it - if there are already sync options the import command will overwrite these settings with some default values - this is fixed now

Hi again Oliver Smile

Would it be possible to get the fix as a hotfix or something if the next official patch including this fix will be delayed for a longer time?
Cause our employes are geeting annoyed by the consequences of the sync error. Would be awesome if I can fix it.
I will think about that - next version will be published in Jan 2018 - give me some days and I will see if we can have a fix before
Regards/Gruss
Oliver