Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Connection Oddities in 10.1.5713.0
#1
Greetings. I like to think I've got ASG RD 10.1.5713.0 correctly set up, but .......

When I try to launch an RDP connection which is synchronized through AD, I'm prompted for creds. That's funny, I say to myself, because I've configured creds and inheritance and everything.

I open the connection to inspect it, and this is what I see:

[Image: asgrd1_zpsfj891bsp.jpg]

What? Where are the RDP connection properties, and the Credentials?

So, I click on "Roles." To be very clear, I do nothing else but click on "Roles," and this is what happens.

[Image: asgrd2_zpsbwviq6nr.jpg]

From here, I can click OK, re-launch the connection, and everything works as expected.

Again, to be clear, I've done nothing but view the connection properties, click on "Roles," and click OK.

Please, why is this happening?
Reply
#2
Seems to be a bug in UI - but it should not have any influence on "connect" functionality - will check that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Reply
#3
(29-11-2017, 07:40 AM)DevOma Wrote: Seems to be a bug in UI - but it should not have any influence on "connect" functionality - will check that...

I confirmed this morning that if the connection is in the state in the first picture, it won’t pass credentials to the server until I re-edit the connection, and click on Roles to make it look like the second picture.

At least in my situation, connect functionality is affected.
Reply
#4
Is it for all users? Or only for you? I will try to write an SQL statement to see which data is causing the issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Reply
#5
Thanks!

I’m running in local file mode, with Windows authentication.

For any particular connection, the problem “goes away” after I’ve exposed the Roles as shown in the 2nd pic in the original post.
Reply
#6
@DevOma, have you found anything?
Reply
#7
Sorry, no not really - some other issues, last vacation days and so on - I try to write some SQL statements to get some info from your database that might be helpful - I will post it when I'm ready...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Reply
#8
Ok here it is - you need to do it in some steps - please select any of the connections with the problem - select and copy the ID (from Properties) - then execute the following SQL statements - replace first the ID after @MYID

DECLARE @MYID As uniqueidentifier
SET @MYID = '2911dae2-4340-4620-8d84-7b167954fac5'

SELECT Items.Text, ItemRoles.* FROM Items LEFT JOIN ItemRoles ON Items.ItemId = ItemRoles.ItemId WHERE Items.ItemId = @MYID
SELECT Items.Text, ItemPropertiesUsage.* FROM Items LEFT JOIN ItemPropertiesUsage ON Items.ItemId = ItemPropertiesUsage.ItemId WHERE Items.ItemId = @MYID and ItemPropertiesUsage.RolePropertyId = '74F13BFD-E521-4B73-B943-8CE892EC287A'

Copy the results - screenshot or anything else - put it in a mail - later you can send to asg.rd@asg.com

But now you need to redo this for any "parent" until you have reached the folder where the Roles are displayed correctly - put it all in the mail and send it to me - I just want to know which data could cause this and then try to reproduce...

Thanks in advance
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Reply
#9
My friend, I am not running a SQL version. I am running with a local file.

I regret that I will not be able to send you this file for examination, as it contains data and passwords which by company policy cannot be allowed to leave my country.

I will soon recreate the file from an empty, brand-new file.

If there is something else I can do from my side to help with the investigation please let me know.
Reply
#10
I will try to reproduce again in file mode - sql would be easier to debug remote
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Reply
#11
So, I found out that my local file was ~60MB in size.

I renamed it and started a new one. With 75% of the connections recreated, the file is barely 7MB.

Definitely something went wrong with that old local file.
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)