Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG 2018 x64 wrong folder
Hi,

I've just treied to install ASG 2018 x64 , but I saw that it stilluses the x86 folder.
not that it won't work this way but it not the correct way x64 programs should use the "C:\Program Files" folder while 32 bit uses the 'C:\Program Files (x86)" folder.
this might be to your installer that still things it's a x86 program.

I was testing the application and I notced that the 32 bit version takes 50 seconds to show the UI as 55 seconds for the 64 bit.
The 32-bit version shows the UI, as the 64 starts minimized.
but then the 32b is usabe after 1min 39 sec to 1min 28 sec for the 64 bit.
but you have to look for it as it starts minimized, even if you change the shortcut to start maximized.
And I found no option to control this.
The x64 version should install into Program Files (that was already in version 2017 implemented) - don't know why this is not working for you?!?

The state of how the app is shown is stored in your profile.xml - should be the same for both 32 and 64bit - and we've installed so many times - but never seen that the program started minimized - so you don't need to set this in your shortcut - just close it maximized, reopen it and it should always start as you closed it last time
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I think you installed 32 and 64 bit on same machine - both versions are referencing the same reg hive - so the second installer read the info from 1st installation :-) Perhaps we should change...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-01-2018, 04:47 PM)DevOma Wrote: I think you installed 32 and 64 bit on same machine - both versions are referencing the same reg hive - so the second installer read the info from 1st installation :-) Perhaps we should change...

yes that is the case, I was testing the different versions, running the 3 on the same machine.

but this does not explain the minimize problem.

I each time started it, maximsed it to check the availaibity of the data and then closed it. so it was closed while beeing maximized.
tried through enviromnet => exi now and that did the trick, before i always used the X button.
Ok - will check that - but I normally use the X button too :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver