Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2018 Randomly freezes
Question 
The application (not individual desktops) randomly freezes in win10 for several seconds, or until I click out of the app and then click back in.  This also occurred in 2017.  I also see frequent session disconnects that last 2 or 3 seconds.  This does not occur in the windows RDP client.  Extremely frustrating...I've tried reinstalling, switching from flatfile to database mode and upgrading to 2018 to no   avail.Sad
Ugh! I have exact same issue. It seems to freeze when a connection fails and just sits for ~10 seconds before responding! Very frustrating! Please fix!
I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times!
Could you please check the reconnect options in Settings=>Connection? Try without automatic reconnect...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-02-2018, 08:44 AM)DevOma Wrote: Could you please check the reconnect options in Settings=>Connection? Try without automatic reconnect...

Good morning,
That setting is/was set to "Retry connection if connection fails: never". So no change.
I have the same issue and have gone back to the prior version. With me though, the whole application just locks up and Windows crashes the entire thing. This isn't new, it's happened on older versions too, but it seems a lot more prevalent with the 2018 version. Going to either 64bit or 32bit doesn't seem to matter, but I am using 64bit now. I'll also add that I use dual monitors and moving the app from one monitor to the other seems to cause it to crash more often.

I literally couldn't work without ASD-RD and have been using this product for many years going back to VisionApp for I can't remember how long.
@Waynel - do you have any Windows Application Event Log Entry for the crash? Would like to see in which component the crash occurs...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver