Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Permission Connection Security
Hello everybody
I need your help, please
We open ASG Remote Desktop with one admin user (user1). This user config the credentials to open one Remote Desktop without problems.
In Connection, folder Security of the Remote Desktop, if user1 config the Permissions to Standard (all Public Objects Standard checked), another user2 in another computer can open Remote Desktop with the credentials config. But user2 can change config about credentials (We don't wish this)
If user1 only config Permissions with Read only check in Public Objects, user2 can't open the Remote Desktop with the credentials, but user2 can't config credentials permiss (We wish this, but user2 would connect)
Regards
You can find more options for item security - check "Set assigned credentials" and "Set asigned default credentials" - that should help you
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello

Thanks for your help.
I add attachment with 2 files (with access and without Access)
I only change the check Standard (Public Objects) as you can see. The two fileds you said not change and are "checked".
Is this correct?
If it's not correct, please, attachment a screen with a image with the permissions necesary as  an administrator can change config fields in Permissions of folder Security and a technical can execute but cann't change config fields in Permissions of folder Security.

Regards and thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You have to decide what permissions to you want to give to your users - if they shouldn't be able to edit any data you should uncheck "Edit" for at least public properties. This option is for all property categories (Default Values)

If you allow "Edit Personal Values" - the users will be able to set Personal Values like Credentials - but only in the section "Personal"
"Set assigned credentials" should allow the users to switch between the different values "Inherited / Default / Personal"
"Set assigned Default Credentials" should allow the users to edit also the credentials that are assigned in category "Default"

You should assign a test user - set you permissions, log in as test user and check if everything works like you want - if not try to change...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello

Thanks for your answer, DevOma

As you see, in Personal Values it's not defined
The screens I sent are inherited...the config is in a config folder of security "one level upper"
The problema is about to use all the config in Standard (public Object) view
We like our technicals don't change the configuration (I like to check only "Read" permission)
Do you know the config in thos fields to execute this?
You can sent one sreen if you like
Thanks you agein

Regards
Hello

Any ideas about this?
We like out technicals can connect to RDP, but we don't like they can change or delete securtity permission

Regards and thanks
But if they should not be able to change anything - just set READ - that's it - you also can inherit your permissions so you should set it on folder level
If a user have access for assigned credentials he will also be able to use it on connections...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello

Thanks for your answer, DevOma

If we put the configuration as you say (only Read check in Standard Public Object as you see in file attachedWintel_MCS_NO_Access.jpg), the technicals can't connect (they can see the RDP connection but the Credentials don't run)

If we put the configuration with all permission on Standard (Public Objects)  (as you see in file attached Wintel_MCS_Access.jpg), the user can connect (they can see the RDP connection with the Credentials), but with all permission, the technicals can delete or modified the credentials (they have all permission: Edit, Delete and Create Sub Items)

I need help about it's there is a solution about this and if this is the configuration correct. If not correct, please, send me a screen with the correct configuration about to solve this problem

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please don't ask in every post for a screenshot - I try to explain you how it works - make no sense to give you a screenshot with the same...

As I told you before - READ is in general enough to start the connection - what does the "users" see if they open the connection properties? Perhaps somebody selected in Properties anything else than "Use Inherited" (or where ever you specified your creds)? Just open the properties, goto Credentials and look which category is selected (orange). You should see there the credentials that are assigned (if user has permissions for these creds). If you wish that users can switch between these catgeories I gave you instructions above how to enable this!

If the users can see credentials in the "Assigned creds" of the Connection these credentials will work - believe me, there are so many customers that are using this configuration!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello

Thanks for your help
The "color Orange" had been the quiz about the solution this

Regards
The orange color highlights the "active values" of each category!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver