Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which version of Internet Explorer
Hi,

I have a web console (Trend Micro ControlManager 7.0) that requires a rather new version of IE (or Chrome, or Edge), and doesn't support compatibility mode. I switched off compat mode in the settings, but when starting the connection, I get the message "Your browser is not supported. upgrade to the lastest version of Chrome, Edge, or Internet Explorer and turn off Compatibility View."

If I start IE directly, it works.

The computer has Internet Explorer version 11.2068.14393.0 installed, the components check in ASG RD says Installed version: 9.11.14393.0

Why is it using such an old version? How can it be fixed?

Regards,
Christian
We use the ActiveX from IE - Edge do not have an ActiveX anymore - we can only use the ActiveX but have no control over the version that is loaded (but it seems that 9.x is the last version that can be used)

You can try to use GeckoFX (Firefox) web frontend instead - this is a newer version and will be updated frequently in future versions
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
As you see in the error message, the product doesn't support Firefox at all...

Can I "call" the external IE instead of opening it in a Tab from a connection in ASG-RD?

Regards,
Christian
Yes you can - you also can use Edge

You have to configure an external app - specify the command line parameters (see Online Help how to parse Url or Destination field) and then right click the Connection, choose Ext. App.=>your external app with IE or Edge
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
That's not really what I want... I would like it to be clickabel just like a connection to any other system, so that I can configure it, and everyone else can just use it, and it shouldn't be different than any other connection. Open the navigation, double click the link. Nothing else.

Maybe you can find out how to use the most current version of IE that is installed?

Or maybe use an external app just like any other connection, so that it can just be configured, and a parameter is passed to the application from the connection?

Ragards,
Christian
Ah, my bad... didn't see that it's configurable, sorry. I'll just have to configure two external apps for the two servers I guess to pass the parameters. That'll work.

Regards,
Christian