Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP not getting Default printer
Hi All,

I need some help as I'm pulling out my hair with this issue.
I am currently unable to pass through a default printer to a hosted service using ASG Remotedesktop.
I have attached the original.RDP file called HostedApp.txt using this connection a users default printer will pass through to the hosted system.
I have ticked the box to allow printers but still, no default printer is passed through

unsure what I'm missing, although I think my problem is related to being passed through a cluster.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

Attached Files
.txt   HostedApp.txt (Size: 1.35 KB / Downloads: 4)
There is nothing special inside the rdp file - just "Redirect Printers" is enabled - which client OS do you use? Which RDP-client is installed?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi DevOma,

Running OS Server 2008R2 Standard, using ASG-RemoteDesktop 2018 Version 11.0.5876.0
I have checked the "Printers" box under "Redirect the following devices"

I can get printers to pass through to an internal RDP connection I just cannot get this to work.

If I use normal windows RDP client my printer is passed through, however, i'm trying to avoid using the Windows client as it requires a username and password everytime I run the app.
Did you also check "Clipboard and Disk Drives"? This is also set in your rdp-file
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Yes both of those options are selected