Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG Desktop 2017 - MSSQL AlwaysOn support
Does ASG Remote Desktop 2017  support MSSQL AlwaysOn?

When I test failover from one AG to another AG, the application are not able to connect.
The failover server is only part of the connection string - the feature itself is pure MSSQL - if you choose "Use failover server" and have a second instance running it should use this failover instance
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-03-2018, 11:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: The failover server is only part of the connection string - the feature itself is pure MSSQL - if you choose "Use failover server" and have a second instance running it should use this failover instance

I found this:

Firstly, confirm vendor application support. This might seem obvious but it is extremely important. There are a number of applications that do not support AlwaysOn AGs, the list includes Microsoft SCCM2012R2 (and other products in the System Centre Family) as well as some products from Citrix (patches on their way). If you are running any of the products that do not support these features, then you will need to revert back to a normal Fail-over Cluster (or in my case, a geo-cluster).

https://poshsecurity.com/blog/2014/9/29/...ility.html

Looks like the application must support AlwaysOn AG's.
Ok - we support "normal failover" - I thought this is the same but it seems to be a new feature from MS SQL
Regards/Gruss
Oliver