Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSH Gateway support?
How to configure a connection to use an SSH gateway?  

Thanks! Rolleyes
asrdCommando
Hi,
You have to define a connection using ssh in the protocol settings and you have to activate ssh in the roles settings to be able to set all parameters. Then you can use the putty Configuration to configure a new putty-Session. The standard putty dialogue will open and there you can configure your session with all options putty has to offer ;-)

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(09-03-2018, 11:58 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi,
You have to define a connection using ssh in the protocol settings and you have to activate ssh in the roles settings to be able to set all parameters. Then you can use the putty Configuration to configure a new putty-Session. The standard putty dialogue will open and there you can configure your session with all options putty has to offer ;-)

Best regards,
Michael

Yes, thank you!  I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to use the Putty session manager to import a gateway config with no success.  Iv tried everything including a lot of strange permutations I found on the Internet. What Im hoping is that someone will give me a solid step by step. Iv been trying to configure a single connection that uses %host as the target connection parameter (so ASG will pass it to the session) and then use either a proxy or a tunnel, or something..  but nothing seems to work. Connection is closed by the intermediate host immediately.    

My requirement:
A single gateway session setup that works with all asg  SSH  connections that I can select with the dropdown session selector under the SSH tab.  Just go to the SSH tab and select the prescribed gateway for your connection and then save the connection to th.  

An example is Mobatek software which handles this ssh gateway config beautifully in the connection config. No need to figure out two applications. Unfortunately Mobatek relies on locally installed connection configs. I really like how ASG offers the ability to use a centrally managed DB.  

Many Thanks
-asgCommando aka Chris