Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unhandled Exception after applying Windows updates (mar '18)
Not sure if it's related but we applied Windows updates (to SQL server and clients).  Now none of our engineers can get into ASG.  We restored the DB to our Friday backup and everyone could get in for a short time.  At some point the condition occurred again and now those who don't close the client are able to function but those who had to close it cannot get in.  Everyone is getting an error pop-up then the client hangs without loading UI -

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling.   I get the same error. 

From Event log-
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---------------------------

at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateNodeFromBaseItem(IBaseItem item, Guid onlyNodeTypeId, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateNodeFromBaseItem(IBaseItem item, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.TreeBuilder.CreateRootNodes(List`1 list, AdvTree tree, SuperTooltip superTooltip, Int32 imageSize)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.BuildNavigationTree(Boolean refreshOnly)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.backgroundWorkerInitEnvironment_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
I don't think that is related to any Windows Update - seems to be an invalid item that can't be created - which version do you use - I think that should not happen in the latest version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I wasn't sure that it was Windows Updates; that was just the major change that I was aware of. Further troubleshooting has revealed that if I restore the DB from Friday the issue goes away but only temporarily. Whatever is causing the issue is recurring. As long as the technician leaves his client open he functions but when he closes and re-launches he gets unhandled exception. This is very painful. I am using version 2015 8.0.4958.0 (I believe it's patch8).

Thank you for your help!