Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP Resolution Issue
Hi,

I am running ASG Remote Desktop 2018 (11.0.5876.0) x64. I have recently migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have been finding that the resolution of an RDP session in a tab will become incorrect when moving ASG RD from one monitor to the other - this did not happen when I was using Windows 7.

I believe this issue is connected to whether the taskbar is in use on the second display. In Windows 7 it was never an option to have the taskbar on the second display. On my Windows 10 machine I only have the taskbar enabled on my main monitor, and am able to consistently replicate the issue. If I enable the taskbar on the second monitor, I am no longer able to replicate the issue.

Thanks.
Ok we will try to reproduce and fix this...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
I tried to reproduce the issue but I can't see a difference here wheter I enabled or disabled the taskbar on the second monitor.
It's a fact that while dragging the program window to the other screen the screen will be affected: it will be compressed and slightly deformed because of the resize of the main window. But maximizing the program window or clicking on the reconnect button resolves that effect. But behaviour for me is the same regardless which taskbar is enabled. Also tested with latest Patch3 / 64bit on Windows 10 V1709.
Can you provide screenshots and detailed description how to retrace ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
I'm also runningĀ ASG Remote Desktop 2018 (11.0.5876.0) x64 and get the same issue when opening sessions on a second display in Windows 10. Also a recent migration from Windows 7 with no issues previously. Initially noticed when connecting to multiple RDP sessions simultaneously, where one would open normally and one or more would just show as a blank screen. Subsequent attempts to connect to the same (blank screen) machine then always show as a blank screen, with or without multiple simultaneous sessions.
I can replicate the issue both with and without the taskbar on the second monitor.

Edit: N.B. I was opening 3 simultaneous sessions from Pre-existing favourites created prior to the Windows 10 upgrade.
The initial error was a problem with the taskbar - you have blank rdp sessions? That's not the same...

If you open the same sessions on monitor 1 simultaneously is it working correctly? I see no difference between where the session opens - because blank screen is no connected session I guess - or do you use any screensaver on the destination systems?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver