Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 2015 to 2018 - one user keeps getting unlinked credentials
Hello,

We recently upgraded from 2015 to 2018 (previous upgrade from 2012) and everything is working 100% for all but one user.

This user is getting his credentials unlinked (credentials is still in ASG RD, but on the connection objects they are unlinked). The most confusing part of this is, that if this user opens ASG RD from another remote desktop server or another PC, everything is 100% again. But after a few days, his credentials on the connection objects go missing again. So I am guessing it is in this users local installation of ASG RD this is happening. We have tried to reinstall the local installation of ASG RD 2018 and reboot of the PC, but no change. The user has set up the link to credentials on all the connection objects, but a few days later they go missing again.

We use a database environment that we connect to and everyone has permission to use credentials. This environment has been running since we first got ASG RD 2012 back in 2013 and we've never seen any issues like this before.

Anyone have any thoughts about how to solve this?
KL_Dane
Please check the user login - if you have active status bar you can see the login name like user@domain.com - please ensure that the users always login with the same user - you can also check Administration=>User Accounts - check for the user name and if perhaps the user is listed with domain and local PC again?!?

Because if you say on another machine it is working again - the data is set correctly in database. You get your assigned credentials by a internal UserID that is tried to match during the login process...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for such a quick responce Wink

The user is currently logged in with user@ourcompany.local but I can see under Tools -> User Accounts that a local user account exist for this user user@pcname.domain.local. I have now deleted this and instructed the user to keep an eye on the logged in username in the active status bar, thank you very much. I'll keep you updated! Wink
KL_Dane
Hi Oliver,

Today the user logged in with user@pcname.domain.local again. After he typed his login manually, everything was working 100% again.

What is causing ASG RD 2018 to not use his user@ourcompany.local account and choose the local one insted?
When using the default login type Windows Account and Integrated - is there a fix so it will work as it always have, without having to type username and password first?
KL_Dane
The login dialog remember the last used settings - I think the user has now 2 different accounts - perhaps you have to delete one of the accounts.

I don't think that there is a bug in the login process - is the users computer joined to a domain? And if he is logged on to this domain the "Integrated" login should also use the windows account to logon...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

I did delete the local account from the ASG DB on may 9th. Today there was not created a new user account in the DB, he just closed ASG RD and on start typed his credentials and it worked.
The PC is domain joined to ourdomain.local with his user account in same domain user@ourdomain.local, and he was using Integrated option for years now, only see this issue after 2018 upgrade.

Will watch his ASG RD closely, the next few days Wink
KL_Dane
Ok - let me know if the problem reappear
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
The problem persist. I tried uninstalling ASG RD 2018 and manually removing all folders related to this, I checked the registry for any keys and removed all I found. After a fresh install this user is still only getting the option for the user@pcname@domain.local when unmarking the Integrated.

If I on my PC unmark Integrated, I can select from our 5 trusted domains. Why does he only see one and not the correct one from the domain his PC is joined to, only the local pc one is showing up for this user.

I can send you screenshots or provide remote session if you need Wink
KL_Dane
What does the user see if he is using the Browse-Dialog for ActiveDirectory - e.g. in Credentials properties? Also only the local PC or all domains? Perhaps this user misses some permissions to read the AD?

With the next Patch (planned for the next days) it will be also possible to type a domain (even if it is not trusted) to login in the app.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
When trying to create a new credential in ASG RD and using the browse dialog, this user only see the local PC. When I do the same from my PC, I can see all our trusted domains and Local PC.

To be able to read from AD, all you need is an AD account. This user is login on his local PC with a domain account that is member of domain users. When doing this from another PC, the result is the same. So must be user related...

I tried adding this user to Domain Admins, and have him relog his local PC and try the browse dialog again, and still he only see the local PC.
KL_Dane
Found the error! This user had set his service Netlogon to Manuel and it was stopped. As soon as we set it to automatic and started it, everything was working 100% again.
Thanks for guidance and quick replies Wink
KL_Dane
Great - thanks
Regards/Gruss
Oliver