Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezups and not responding
We have been dealing with this since RD 2012 and now on RD 2018 its still an issue. I have about 20 users internally that use the software and we continue, randomly to get the White screen with (Not responding) that shows up, see attachment. The only way out of this is to end task on the process and relaunch until it happens again. Is there any rhyme or reason for this that anyone has found?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is there any action that you are performing when this happens?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-05-2018, 10:05 AM)DevOma Wrote: Is there any action that you are performing when this happens?

We get the random freezes and a instant quit at least twice daily. 

I've noticed the Instant quit occurs the most when I've got multiple RDP Windows Opened then try to open another one via Quick Connect. It thinks for a few seconds then Quits to desktop

The Freezing/White screen seems to occur when I've got multiple RDP sessions open then I log off a server and it then goes to not responding/white out screen

Windows 10 x64 PRO Version 1709

Issue Occurred on ASG Remote Desktop 2018 Patch 4 - 11.0.5988.1. Clean installed Patch 4 on new laptop. 

But I've just updated to Patch 5 today

Now running: ASG Remote Desktop 2018 Patch 5 - 11.0.6064.1
Any updates on this? As the original poster said, this has been an issue for YEARS, through multiple versions.
We are running the latest 2018 version and it STILL is going on.. wondering if it's worth even renewing as the features have been slowing to a crawl each year.
Hi! Have the same issue a couple times per day i get application "Not Responding", also had this issue for several versions, different computers.
still have the issue  with version 2018 11.0.6169.1

BR Henrik
I also experience this randomly, not daily though.

Apart from often having many RDP tabs open, I have not found a "red thread" iin when it happens.
When it happens all tabs / the entire ASG RD window freezes up and is dimmed with title "Not Responding".

Only solution is to press X, let it crash/close and restart. Leaving it hanging will leave it not responding" "forever".
Yes I think that's a problem of all RDP managing solutions - we tried to involve MS but didn't find an issue that can be fixed - we currently implement FreeRDP as a second RDP solution and hope that can help some customers...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(18-02-2019, 12:54 PM)DevOma Wrote: Yes I think that's a problem of all RDP managing solutions - we tried to involve MS but didn't find an issue that can be fixed - we currently implement FreeRDP as a second RDP solution and hope that can help some customers...

I am on 13.0.6667.1 and its still an issue. Is there anything i can do to make it more stable?
Not really - there are no big changes in RDP control since Win10 - you should run x64 application but this will not solve all problems, but x86 version still runs more in memory problems than x64
Regards/Gruss
Oliver