Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL database empty for 2 users out of three
We are having issues in the final stage of connecting a visionapp 2017 database to three windows authenticated users.

The database was created using vision app on my computer connecting to a 2014 SQL Express server running on a 2012 R2 Active Directory Domain server.

After the database was created (Empty) I then imported an rde file and it populated the database correctly with lots of Credentials and Connections. For my windows user (mcs\mark) using Windows Authentication it logs in everytime across the network without fault. Everything working and populated with credentials and connections.

I then went to the 2012 server, ran SQL Express Management studio and logged in a the administrator (also did this as user sa) as the SQL server was set up with mixed login. I added the two other windows users mcs\tech1 and mcs\tech2 and set them up with the same login and database permissions. Even made them sysadmins.

When I then connect from my same computer as them(tech1 or tech 2) (testing it on my computer first) it logs onto the database and instance and displays the headings (Credentials, Connections etc) but they are empty. No data in them)
If I close Vision app and log back in as me (mark) to the same database and instance, it is fully populated with data.
I have made sure that I have imported the license file into the other users computers.

Thanks in advance

Mark
I guess all objects are "Private" after importing them via rde file - choose the root folders, goto properties and choose "Convert to public" - if the objects are public the other users will see also...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-05-2018, 09:44 AM)DevOma Wrote: I guess all objects are "Private" after importing them via rde file - choose the root folders, goto properties and choose "Convert to public" - if the objects are public the other users will see also...

I go to the properties of the "Connection" folder at the top of the tree in the left pane and the "Owner" it is set to "Public" but is all greyed out.
When I look at all the individual connections under the folder, they are all set you "Private". There is a Convert to Public button that is available but we have a lot of connections. Do we have to do them indivdually?
If you Convert a folder to Public you will be asked to also convert all child objects - you can make a backup before doing this but that's the only way to get all your connections available for all users
Regards/Gruss
Oliver