Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCCM 2012 Automated Silent Install ASG-RD 2018
Greetings,

I'm looking to install silently with adding the Licence key for all our users, I can install the software no problem at all using the /S switch and I have created the correct registry key to copy the entire licence key information into the registry my question is what value do I use within the registry to be able to copy the .xml contend into for the licence key?

The licence key location which I had to create is as follows: \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASG\RemoteDesktop2018\Licence

Regards

Stu
You can use String or Multistring - both should work - open your License with notepad, select and copy all, and paste it into the value field
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver

I have created the licence file as a REG_MULTI_SZ key but this doesn't licence the application when its install, have I missed anything else?

Regards

Stu
Are you using the 32bit application? On 64bit system? Else you don't need the SysWow6432...

And is License the key? And do start file base mode environments? It's only for file based mode
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

we have a 32bit software on a 64bit OS ( Windows 10 ), I have the licence.xml file which is what I copied into the value of the key. If I install the application then manually install the licence key it works fine.

Regards

Stu
You can also try the HKEY_CURRENTUSER hive - perhaps an access problem?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(15-06-2018, 11:31 AM)DevOma Wrote: You can also try the HKEY_CURRENTUSER hive - perhaps an access problem?

Hi There

Same result, im assuming this is the correct location of the licence file in the registry?

Regards

Stu
I tried on W2K16 (x64) system - with x86 and x64 install - both is working

For x64 install I used the regkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASG\RemoteDesktop2018 - created a new MultiString key "License" and copied the content of the license file into the value field

For x86 install I used the regkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ASG\RemoteDesktop2018 - created a new MultiString key "License" and copied the content of the license file into the value field

And of course I started a file based environment - in both cases the license was read successfully and used
Regards/Gruss
Oliver