Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASGF-RD Can't Connect to Macs with VNC
Using AGG-RemoteDesktop 2017 10.1.5713.0, the VNC protocol will not connect to any Macs (10.13.2, machines set to remote management, with VNC password enabled) -  (error: Failed to connect to server - Error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it). Component check shows VNC working correctly (green checkmark)

But the same machine can use RealVNC to connect no problem. Tried all the encoding options, but nothing. Also turned off firewalls. Connecting to Macs with ASG has always been flakey, but with 2017, now its completely broken.

Any thoughts?
RealVNC is not supported by the VNC component we are using...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Oliver, are you saying then that ASG is not able to VNC to a Mac? I am having the same issue. Using RealVNC I can connect to the Mac, but using ASG VNC connection, nothing I can try will connect using the built in Smartcode VNC viewer.
Is the recommendation to use a different product other than ASG to connect to Macs? The initial response is vague regarding ability to connect to a Mac, and there is no information in ASG Help. So....
Hi Kim,

right at the moment I can't say anything to the RealVNC / SmartCode VNC thing because I simply can't test it --never had anything to do with a MAC. But I know there are many versions and incarnations of the VNC protocol and compatibility always is an issue between different versions - unfortunately.
But I would try to just use an external VNC component and integrate it into ASG-RD for the moment. We always upgrade our VNC components if there are updates to it. So maybe configuring an external app would be a solution ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --