Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Login with domain problem
Question 
Hello,

We have 10 license about ASG-RD configured with SQL 2008R2 with RD DB and we use login with domain user.

RD is installed on Win 10.1803

All works fine until a week ago.

The problem is that RD application seems did not recognize the computer domain but the login works.

This problem makes all private information disappear.

Help?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you uncheck "Integrated" - can you select your domain from the list?

Is the computer you are working on joined to a domain? I guess if you login you will see in status bar (at the bottom) login user username@pcname.local instead of the @domain???

Did you update ASGRD or anything else changed on your system?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(19-06-2018, 10:04 AM)DevOma Wrote: If you uncheck "Integrated" - can you select your domain from the list?

Is the computer you are working on joined to a domain? I guess if you login you will see in status bar (at the bottom) login user username@pcname.local instead of the @domain???

If you uncheck "Integrated" - can you select your domain from the list?
NO - Only computer name is present in the list

Is the computer you are working on joined to a domain?
YES - Is joined and works normally

Login with [email=username@domain]username@domain[/email] works fine
Login with username and domain manually inserted works fine

The issue is present if login is integrated

Only hw/os patch
I guess if you login you will see in status bar (at the bottom) login user username@pcname.local instead of the @domain???

In the status bar is present user@computername.domain.local
Does it occur on only one machine or many different? And which client OS do you use? Win10? And what version from ASGRD do you use? Latest patch or older?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(19-06-2018, 12:12 PM)DevOma Wrote: Does it occur on only one machine or many different? And which client OS do you use? Win10? And what version from ASGRD do you use? Latest patch or older?

It occurs on two computers with this release of Windows 10

- 1709 build 16299.371
  - 1803 build 17134.112

Both computer use ASG 11.0.5988.1
Currently I have no idea what causes this issue - and we will have a lack of development resources the next time through vacation.

We use a standard Win32-API function to get the domains - and until now we didn't found a better code solution that we could implement...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-06-2018, 09:22 AM)DevOma Wrote: Currently I have no idea what causes this issue - and we will have a lack of development resources the next time through vacation.

We use a standard Win32-API function to get the domains - and until now we didn't found a better code solution that we could implement...

This is the same issue I reported here: http://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=10696
Hi@all:

as my colleague stated we have limited ressources right now through vacation time, but nevertheless I tried to retrace the effect but couldn't. I tried on the Windows 10 version 1803 and 1709 and always see the domain and can use integrated login. The build versions however differ. Still trying to get more insights but we will definitely try to dive deeper in this when ressources go up ;-)

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Sad 
(28-06-2018, 03:19 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi@all:

as my colleague stated we have limited ressources right now through vacation time, but nevertheless I tried to retrace the effect but couldn't. I tried on the Windows 10 version 1803 and 1709 and always see the domain and can use integrated login. The build versions however differ. Still trying to get more insights but we will definitely try to dive deeper in this when ressources go up ;-)

Best regards,
Michael

Hi,

Now all our installation have this problem.

Best Regards
Paolo
I have a small test app - can you please check if you see any difference

http://d2l2g77p7dyozs.cloudfront.net/DomainListTest.exe

OLD and NEW list - the old list uses the old code like in ASGRD - the new list uses some other code to read the Domains
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(25-07-2018, 11:34 AM)DevOma Wrote: I have a small test app - can you please check if you see any difference

http://d2l2g77p7dyozs.cloudfront.net/DomainListTest.exe

OLD and NEW list - the old list uses the old code like in ASGRD - the new list uses some other code to read the Domains

Hi,

I ran your application and the result is
  - the OLD list is empty
  - the NEW list contain all domain that the system can use, this list is right
Ok - will try to change the code for the next patch
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Just a little bump.  I installed Patch 5 yesterday and I am now able to use domain login again.
(25-07-2018, 11:56 AM)DevOma Wrote: Ok - will try to change the code for the next patch

Hi,

Patch 5 resolves the issue.

Thanks