Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMware sync problem
Hey everyone, I'm new here and have found your posts very interesting. This is my first post and thank you for helping:

Trying to sync ASGRD-2018 we recently deployed with VMWARE. Under General/VMware environment I've supplied the server name ie https://myserver-vcenter:9443/vsphere-client, I've also specified credentials that I know works because I can use that to directly connect to the VMware console/vsphere web to retrieve all VM's/Templates/Hosts.

However, when I click syncronize now, I get the error:

An error occurred while reading data from environment. Operation cancelled
Error while trying to login vCenter Server.

Everything else in the domain syncs fine...

This makes absolutely no sense. Is there a bug in ASGRD-2018?

My version = 11.0.5988.1

Werner
Hi again Werner,

Thanks for providing the exact version number of ASG-RD ! I'll used the exact same version trying to retrace the effect but until no I can't. Sync works for me with Vsphere 6.0. Whcih version are you connecting to ?
One thing that you should try: In the VMware settings don't use the web link as adress, instead just use the internal servername ! Otherwise you will get taht error you mentioned. I tried different sync settings and they worked for me. Please check the "VMware environment" string and get back to me here.
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(22-06-2018, 03:36 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi again Werner,

Thanks for providing the exact version number of ASG-RD ! I'll used the exact same version trying to retrace the effect but until no I can't. Sync works for me with Vsphere 6.0. Whcih version are you connecting to ?
One thing that you should try:   In the VMware settings don't use the web link as adress, instead just use the internal servername ! Otherwise you will get taht error you mentioned. I tried different sync settings and they worked for me. Please check the "VMware environment" string and get back to me here.
Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Your suggestion worked just fine and I was able to sync using the vmware vcenter name only.

Thanks

Werner
Hi

I have the same issues with VMware Sync. I can't synchronize the virtual machines from my virtual center. The credentials are ok. Can someone help me please and tell me whats wrong?
I get the error message that it could not connect to vmware center !?
Hi Wolfi,

which versions of vCenter do you use and which version of ASG-RD ? Please use the DNS Hostname and not a (web) URL in the properties of the Sync-Folder you define !
Does that help ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
I use the ASG-RD 2018 Version, Patch 4 and Virtual Center 6.5
I also tried the hostname, ip... but nothing helps.

I get everytime the same error message, that something was wrong with the login on Virtual Center
I tried different usernames like name@domain.com etc.
Hi Wolfi,

do you have any ERRORS logged ( Ctrl-R ) that you could send ? I just tried a sync to vCenter 6.5 and used just the hostname and my ESX Account and sync worked flawless for me. I tried any sync combination to choose for from the dropdowns and all worked for me.

best regards,
Michael
best regards,
(29-06-2018, 01:36 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Wolfi,

do you have any ERRORS logged ( Ctrl-R ) that you could send ? I just tried a sync to vCenter 6.5 and used just the hostname and my ESX Account and sync worked flawless for me. I tried any sync combination to choose for from the dropdowns and all worked for me.

best regards,
Michael

I've the same problem. The error log is saying:

---------------------------

at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.ConnectTheEnvironment(VirtualEnvironment environment)
   at visionapp.vVE.VEConnector.ConnectEnvironment(VirtualEnvironment EnvironmentClass)
   at visionapp.vVE.VEConnector.ConnectEnvironment()
   at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.VimServiceConnected()
   at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.GetObjectChilds(VEStructureItem StartObject, ObjectTypes ChildType, Boolean AllInfos)
   at PlugInVMware.Helper.SyncHelper.SyncVMFolder(IWin32Window owner, IBaseItem folderParams, CredentialsParameter creds, Object props)
Have you used just the servername in corresponding field of the config dialogues ? Which version of ASG-RD are you using ?
Best regards,
Michael

(24-08-2018, 02:36 PM)jbymark Wrote: I've the same problem. The error log is saying:

---------------------------

at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.ConnectTheEnvironment(VirtualEnvironment environment)
   at visionapp.vVE.VEConnector.ConnectEnvironment(VirtualEnvironment EnvironmentClass)
   at visionapp.vVE.VEConnector.ConnectEnvironment()
   at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.VimServiceConnected()
   at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.GetObjectChilds(VEStructureItem StartObject, ObjectTypes ChildType, Boolean AllInfos)
   at PlugInVMware.Helper.SyncHelper.SyncVMFolder(IWin32Window owner, IBaseItem folderParams, CredentialsParameter creds, Object props)
best regards,