Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Errors Upgrading 2012 to 2018 Database
I've created a new 2018 Database and then used the Migration wizard inside of 2018 to copy the 2012 data over and I get a Migration Aborted error (see attached). While working with the SQL DBA, we see that the Windows User has SA, authenticated and was able to create the database. The DBA sees no errors when we turn up debugging and he's not sure what the errors in the attached mean.

Attached Files
.jpg   2012to2018DatabaseUpgradeIssue.JPG (Size: 44.63 KB / Downloads: 8)
Did you really specify the correct 2012 database? Because the error occur on the very first statement in upgrade process - and it seems that a stoed proc cannot be accessed correctly... Please check the database access and specifications of the version 2012 database
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(24-07-2018, 09:55 AM)DevOma Wrote: Did you really specify the correct 2012 database? Because the error occur on the very first statement in upgrade process - and it seems that a stoed proc cannot be accessed correctly... Please check the database access and specifications of the version 2012 database

I'm specifying the only database that currently is currently in use.  Testing the connection succeeds and our DBA does show the authentication to be successful.  Is it possible that the database that we are using is not currently at the 2012 level?  Can my DBA check anything in the database to confirm it is at 2012?  We initially purchased and installed in 2014 and have licensed ASG each year.  It does seem like I did a database upgrade previously when the licensees moved from being in a file to being stored in the database. 

I'm not personally a DBA but can consult our DBA as needed.
Which version do you use currently? You should see in Titleor Info=>About - please ensure that it is 2012 - if it is 2015 or higher you can directly open the database with version 2018 and you will be asked to migrate the data.

The database connection test do not check the content of the database - so only the connection is checked. But again the error show that you do not access a valid 2012 database - perhaps it is already upgraded to 2015?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
If you want to check it directly on the database - the old database structure has always some prefixes in table and stored proc names - like vCC... (tables: vCCConfiguration, vCCDataItems, ...) - the new one does not have these prefixes - table names are Items, ItemProperties, ItemPropertiesUsage, ...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-08-2018, 09:04 PM)DevOma Wrote: Which version do you use currently? You should see in Titleor Info=>About - please ensure that it is 2012 - if it is 2015  or higher you can directly open the database with version 2018 and you will be asked to migrate the data.

The database connection test do not check the content of the database - so only the connection is checked. But again the error show that you do not access a valid 2012 database - perhaps it is already upgraded to 2015?

My ASG version is 2018 but it appears the version on the help about pull down is 11.0.5988.1.  Do I need to first install version 12 of ASG to upgrade to 12 and then migrate to 2018?
If you want to upgrade to version 2018 I guess you have used an older version before - else I do not know what you want to upgrade???
Regards/Gruss
Oliver