Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Errors Upgrading 2012 to 2018 Database
I get your database, restored it and did a migration… I cancelled the first try because there are more than 1 million error logs in the old database - this would takes many hours to migrate and I don't think that you really need tons of logs, do you?

So perhaps you should also first delete the old logs with the following commands (on your 2012 database)

TRUNCATE TABLE vCCErrorLog
TRUNCATE TABLE vCCChangeLog
TRUNCATE TABLE vCCSecurityLog
GO

Then I did the second migration attempt and after some seconds everything was migrated successfully - please check that you have a valid user to access your database (perhaps use sa user). It must be a security problem on your side that you can't access the database during the migration process.

Just create a new database within ASGRD 2018 and then run Environment=>Upgrade from 2012 (please do not use the latest patch (2018 Patch7), there is a bug I found in my tests and fixed it)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(04-12-2018, 01:43 PM)DevOma Wrote: asg.rd@asg.com or send me a private message

It appears you downloaded the database a while back.  Any status update?
(10-12-2018, 12:51 PM)DevOma Wrote: I get your database, restored it and did a migration… I cancelled the first try because there are more than 1 million error logs in the old database - this would takes many hours to migrate and I don't think that you really need tons of logs, do you?

So perhaps you should also first delete the old logs with the following commands (on your 2012 database)

GO

Then I did the second migration attempt and after some seconds everything was migrated successfully - please check that you have a valid user to access your database (perhaps use sa user). It must be a security problem on your side that you can't access the database during the migration process.

Just create a new database within ASGRD 2018 and then run Environment=>Upgrade from 2012 (please do not use the latest patch (2018 Patch7), there is a bug I found in my tests and fixed it)
(18-01-2019, 11:11 PM)Cthax Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 12:51 PM)DevOma Wrote: I get your database, restored it and did a migration… I cancelled the first try because there are more than 1 million error logs in the old database - this would takes many hours to migrate and I don't think that you really need tons of logs, do you?

GO

(18-01-2019, 11:13 PM)Cthax Wrote:
(18-01-2019, 11:11 PM)Cthax Wrote:

GO

Disregard my previous e-mail.  I'll try to have our DBA clean up the logs and use ASGRD 2018 without any Patches to see if that works.