Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Http Firefox/Gecko connection ignoring the 'Ignore cert Warnings' checkbox
Having trouble with connecting to cisco web apps (not all, just some) in that I can connect ok when using an external browser but not in visionapp.  Have set the http connection to use Firefox/gecko and ticked the 'Ignore Cert Warnings' but error message appears:  'The econnection was refused when attempting to contact......'.

Have checked logs and nothing appeasr to point to any issues but i am guessing its a cert issue.
Hi... a workaround would be to create an external app to access the website. This way you can use any external browser you have. Regarding the error it would be good if we could retrace the problem you encounter. Any public URL's we can access ? Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(15-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi... a workaround would be to create an external app to access the website. This way you can use any external browser you have. Regarding the error it would be good if we could retrace the problem you encounter. Any public URL's we can access ? Best regards,
Michael

Thanks Michael.

Unfortunately these are applications tucked away on a private network so no public visibility. Do we have any debug logs buried within visionapp that provide a little more of what the standard logs provide?

What do you mean by 'create an external app'?

Thank you for your response.
Hi again,

unfortunately I can't tell you more logging options then the integrated error and system logs. We would need some examples to see in development whats going on here. But I can show you an example for an external app:
Generally you can define "external applications" in ASG-RD to be able to integrate almost any application into the connection-tree of ASG-RD. At the bottom you find the entry "Ext.Applications". Thats where external apps reside and could be created. When you define for example FireFox as external app you can then use it for a new connection-item :
Just choose "Ext. App." as protocol and enter the URL in the URL field ( will be used as parameter %WebUrl% in the ext. app.. see integrated help ! ) and check the "role" Ext.App is activated !
Then you can choose the external app in the corresponding menu entry "Ext. Application".

When you start that new connection the URL-field content of the connection will be passed to the external app "FireFox" and that will be started.
For your convenience I attached an exported rde-file that just contains the definition for an external app firefox and and example for a connection using that external app. Just import it by right clicking on the connection tree and choose import.
I hope that helps experimenting with that feature ;-)

Best regards,
Michael

Attached Files
.zip   Export_ExtApps_FireFox.zip (Size: 2.2 KB / Downloads: 4)
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --