Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi monitor issue
Question 
Hello,

I have two UHD monitor and i have a issue when I move detached ASG-RD window from one monitor to the other.

ASG-RD application on main monitor
  - I detach a session tab from main program
  - I try to move the window to secondary monitor but it return on main monitor

ASG-RD application on secondary monitor
  - I detach a session tab and the window appear on main monitor
  - I try to move the window to secondary monitor but it return on main monitor

I attach a video so you can view the problem.

It's a issue or is not possible to move windows from one monitor to another.

ASG version 11.0.5988.1
Windows 1803 build 17134.165

Best regards
Paolo

Attached Files
.zip   ASG-MonitorProblem.zip (Size: 690.71 KB / Downloads: 2)
Did you try to use "Connect with options => on monitor X"? Is that working?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(25-07-2018, 12:38 PM)DevOma Wrote: Did you try to use "Connect with options => on monitor X"? Is that working?

If I use "Connect with options => on monitor X"
  - "Connect in fullscreen"
         -- Full screen is on monitor X
         -- If I remove fullscreen and resize window the windows remain on monitor X
         -- If I move window on monitor X the window appear on main monitor and I cannot return on monitor X

- "Connect in separate window"
       -- The windows appear on monitor X
       -- If I move window on monitor X the window appear on main monitor and I cannot return on monitor X
Ok I see some strange effects when working with 2 monitors - we will try to find out why this happens...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(26-07-2018, 02:31 PM)DevOma Wrote: Ok I see some strange effects when working with 2 monitors - we will try to find out why this happens...

I did some tests and I have new information. I hope I can explain you well.

Configuration 1
- Main monitor above
- Secondary monitor below
- Application on the main
- The problem is present when I move the window from Main to Secondary (From top to bottom)

Configuration 2
- Main monitor above
- Secondary monitor below
- Application on Secondary
- The problem is present. The window always goes to the main monitor

Configuration 3
- Secondary monitor above
- Main monitor below
- Application indifferently on the principal that on the secondary
- The problem does not occur. The window moves fine

Configuration 4
- Main monitor Left or Right
- Secondary monitor Right or Left
- Application indifferently on the principal that on the secondary
- The problem does not occur. The window moves fine

I hope that this informations are useful

Best regards
OK I can retrace your findings with windows 10 on "Configuration1". Configuration2 works for me when I drag the window to at least 30% from down to upper monitor. If I drag less then 30% the window first snaps to the upper window edge and when I move farther then it will move into the upper monitor. Config 3 and 4 work also for me, also on Windows 10 Version 1803 same build as yours. I also tested with P4 version of ASG-RD2018. Can you verify that moving more than approximately 30% works ?

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(27-07-2018, 03:07 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: OK  I can retrace your findings with windows 10 on "Configuration1". Configuration2 works for me when I drag  the window to at least 30% from down to upper monitor. If I drag less then 30% the window first snaps to the upper window edge and when I move farther then it will move into the upper monitor.  Config 3 and 4 work also for me, also on Windows 10 Version 1803 same build as yours. I also tested with P4 version of ASG-RD2018. Can you verify that moving more than approximately 30% works ?  

Best regards,
Michael

About configuration 2
If I detach session tab or open new session with "connect in separate window" the window appear on monitor above.
If I move the window down to at least 40% the window move completely on monitor below, but if the mouse go to the monitor below the window return to the monitor above.
There is no way to move the window to the monitor below.

I made a video with the effect, but I think it's too big to attach (11MB)
Hi I will have a look at it if you attach the video. 11MB is not a problem :-)
Thanks,
Michael
best regards,
(30-07-2018, 10:23 AM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi I will have a look at it if you attach the video. 11MB is not a problem :-)
Thanks,
Michael

Hi,

I'm trying to attach the file (.zip) but I received this error "There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again."

I'm in holiday for next 2 weeks.

Best regards
Can you try again ? we really had some hidden settings active that prevented uploads bigger than 2megs... so under 13Meg should work now. In any case : have great holidays ! :-)

Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
(25-07-2018, 12:58 PM)pvasirani Wrote:
(25-07-2018, 12:38 PM)DevOma Wrote: Did you try to use "Connect with options => on monitor X"? Is that working?

If I use "Connect with options => on monitor X"
  - "Connect in fullscreen"
         -- Full screen is on monitor X
         -- If I remove fullscreen and resize window the windows remain on monitor X
         -- If I move window on monitor X the window appear on main monitor and I cannot return on monitor X see reviews of phenq diet pills

- "Connect in separate window"
       -- The windows appear on monitor X

Make sure to fill it up and please post complete to it
Hi,

The problem is also present in the 2019 version

Best regards
Yes - same control, same problem - currently we have no alternative control for doing the "Docking" - but it is on the todo list to find a better one...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver