Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active Directory TCP Reconnect question
I have ASGRD 2019.  When I start up, it hangs for a 20-40 seconds, prior to asking for my session password, as well as after I type in my session password.  I used Sysinternal's Process Monitor to figure out what was going on, and I see that it tries several times to connect to all of the active directory domain controllers for my workstation over LDAP, in some cases IPv6 (which we don't use).

Are these actual session reconnect attempts, or is there some mechanism in the background which is trying to authenticate for things such as Active Directory Syncs?

If they are session reconnect attempts, where can I wipe that list?  I tried to tell ASG to not reconnect on session startup, but it didn't help.

~ Curtis
I think the trusted domains are read for the login dialog - so you can choose from your domains how to log on - do you think we need an option to prevent reading domain info at startup? The list will be empty but user can fill the field manually...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(27-03-2019, 09:29 AM)DevOma Wrote: I think the trusted domains are read for the login dialog - so you can choose from your domains how to log on - do you think we need an option to prevent reading domain info at startup? The list will be empty but user can fill the field manually...

It only seems to be a problem when you're using a single "environment password".  If it could bypass the checks depending on the chosen authentication method, it would allow those using domain logins to keep that functionality.