Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Crashing
The sessions are sort of restored, but only one of them are able to reconnect. The same happens if I close the application with sessions open, not only when it crashes. There are not credentials assigned to the connection objects.
It happens for all connections.
If there are no credentials assigned to the connection object an automatic restore it not possible - because then you have entered your creds inside the rdp session and ASGRD has no access to these values...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
When I connect to a host I type in my credentials in the "credentials popup" (see attachment). 

If the application crashes and has to reconnect I would assume I would get the same login box for every server. I understand that ASG cannot log me in, but for each session it should prompt me for login to restore my sessions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think there is a bug that ASGRD tries to use some login information even id there is no assigned - I will check that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I checked that - and for all connections without assigned credentials "Prompt for Authentication" is set - so there is no error in code - but it seems that the RDP control can't handle it - even with a break between the connects same result - I try to find a solution for that but currently I haven't it
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Any chance the next patch will either fix the crashing or make it possible to reconnect to the clients ?

The crashes are so frustrating that we are considering looking at another solution :-(
I just tried again with the actual dev binaries - and all the sessions are restored correctly - next week we plan to publish the next patch - hope it will fix at least the reconnect problem
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am still getting the issue as in post #19 after updating the client, it is still only able to connect to one server.
Yes my fault - tested it again with assigned creds - still on my todo list...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
A couple of releases later I am still are not able to reconnect when the application crashes, how far down the todo list are we at the moment :-)
Currently working on this - when it is fixed you can get a private fix for testing...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It's working - we will test it and then offer you the private build for testing...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver