Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import RDP files
There does not seem to be a way to import RDP files. But it would be a nice feature ...

Currently I am struggling to create RDP connections in ASG-RD similar to existing RDP files that connect to remote machines through a RDP gateway.
While my separate RDP files work fine, the connections which I create in ASG-RD with the same values do not work. I only get "protocol error"s.
Sure I have overlooked something. But it would save me the work if I were able to simply import a RDP file and it would then work ...
Yes - we startet to implement some time ago - but didn't continue because of some other features - we will try to add it soon...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(15-08-2018, 12:53 PM)DevOma Wrote: Yes - we startet to implement some time ago - but didn't continue because of some other features - we will try to add it soon...

Thanks, sounds good.

However, meanwhile it looks like with my RDP sessions I am hit by the dreaded "error 50331656" problem, too ...
Do you have all MS fixes installed on your machine - I read in some other threads that there was a problem but it was fixed a long time ago with a cumulative update for Win10...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(16-08-2018, 08:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: Do you have all MS fixes installed on your machine - I read in some other threads that there was a problem but it was fixed a long time ago with a cumulative update for Win10...

Yes. My own system is as patched as it can be. 1803 plus current patches.
But it seems to be a problem with the target server which seems to be an aging 2008 R2 system with (for me) unknown patch status.
I can connect the same way (via a RD gateway) to another customer's servers which are quite new (2016).
I have a VM with Windows 8.1 (also patched to current level) and from there I can connect with RDP to the "old" 2008R2 servers just fine.
But my current 1803 Windows 10 can not connect to these old servers even with its stock mstsc.exe tool outside ASG-RD.
So indeed the problem is probably not related to ASG-RD and nothing that you can fix.

(Nevertheless, importing RDP files could be handy from time to time.)
Ok :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver