Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] External Apps
Hi,

Just downloaded and installed vRD 2010. I’m using mRemote and really would like to use VisionApp's version of it.
I'm trying to use the database feature, this works fine. Except when using the External Apps feature the public password cannot be used as argument variables. Can this be changed? [Feature Request]
So that the public credentials can be used as the arguments calling the external apps.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sjoerd van den Berg
InforIT-ICT
+31412629134
For security reasons only the password of private credentials can be used for external apps.
Yes, but there should be a setting to overrule this security 'reason'. We want to buy the software but not when we have to manually let people create there own private credentials. We want to have a centrally managed database.
We take full responsibility for our own servers, not you Wink
I put it on the feature requests list.
felix.deimel Wrote:I put it on the feature requests list.

This is exactly why security needs to be enhanced in the database mode. If this person wants admins to be able to use the password to connect to 3rd party applications he should be able to "check that box" when it adds an admin to have permissions to the credential object.
yeah, but being able to use the passwords is different to being able to read them.
and in the case of ext. apps, parameters can only be transmitted in plain text.
felix.deimel Wrote:yeah, but being able to use the passwords is different to being able to read them.
and in the case of ext. apps, parameters can only be transmitted in plain text.

Agree, but keep in mind. The end-user working with the software should decide what kind of security level they want. If I want to use plain text passwords than this is my decision.
yeah, that's the other aspect and i totally agree with you!
When can we expect this new feature to be implemented?
This feature will be available with the upcoming version, released by beginning of Q2.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:This feature will be available with the upcoming version, released by beginning of Q2.

Great to hear this!