Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Aero in Win 7 (G)
Hey there,

anyone tried 2009/2010 on windows 7 Clients?

Runs fine, just aero doesnt work. and i cant figure out what the problem is here..

some ideas?

edit:
i tried it since the rtm release in the beginning of aug... so its no beta-failure or else.... just hoped u will fix it in the 2010 version; but as it seems u never knew about the error!?
Runs fine with Win7 - what for problems do you have?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
DevOma Wrote:Runs fine with Win7 - what for problems do you have?

Thanks for reply!

I am connecting from w7 host to w7 client (rtm), activated designs, 32bit color, and else, but everythime i switch to an aero design on the desktop, just the backgroud and the other parts of the theme changes, but never the transparency.

When i reopen the customization window its always back to "custom design" instead of what i chose before.

Everything runs fine with windows integrated rdp. Will try to make some screens this eve Smile
here we go:

first one is win7 to win7 (both rtm enterprise) via vRD 2010

second is the same via mstsc version 6.1.7600.16385

hope it helps Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could you please send us a screenshot of the settings you are using in the RDP client itself. I presume that you selected an option, which is not available in vRD.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:Could you please send us a screenshot of the settings you are using in the RDP client itself. I presume that you selected an option, which is not available in vRD.

sure Wink

hope that is what u wanted me to post :-/
No need to mention that i connect with 32 bit shade (vrd and mstsc)!?

is aero working in vista? cant try here cause i have vista just in a VM w/o dx9

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

the problem is, that in vRD 2010 not all options available with the RDP client of Windows 7 are implemented. Explicitly the "visuellen Stile" with the result of showing Aero are not integrated in vRD. But we will do with the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy working with vRD
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:Hi,

the problem is, that in vRD 2010 not all options available with the RDP client of Windows 7 are implemented. Explicitly the "visuellen Stile" with the result of showing Aero are not integrated in vRD. But we will do with the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy working with vRD

hmpf... sad to hear the words "in the next version", just after the last version has been puplished Wink

is it really that hard that u need a major upgrade for adding this? aint vrd using the windows internal rdp already?

So isnt there a way to tell vrd to use the visual styles as well?
With the upcoming version this RDP 7 feature will be available.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas