Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Application Display Name (G)
Add functionality so that variables like %computername% can be used in the display name of the external application.

For example I added a program under external application(App A) and I have the box checked to "try to integrate" This works great except the name of the tab is now what I typed in the display name for the external application (App A). I tried changing the name of the external application to App A %computername% but the tab when opened just says "App A %computername". See attachment.

Thanks,
Jacob M.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Any thoughts on this one?
Hi,

I will put it on the feature list.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Just checking to see if this made it in the next version? With all of the sample external apps you have published and the ones we created internally this would be a VERY useful feature.
Hi,

in the new version coming up very soon the name of an external app will take the name of the connection, when external app has been chosen as protocol (see screenshot attached).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Great,

How would one become a beta tester?

Thanks,

Jacob M.
is2gu Wrote:Great,

How would one become a beta tester?

Thanks,

Jacob M.

Hi,

if you like I will put you on the list for the closed beta. But parallel to the closed beta we will offer a public one. So it is up to you, what you like more.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
The closed beta is great. Thank you very much.
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:Hi,

in the new version coming up very soon the name of an external app will take the name of the connection, when external app has been chosen as protocol (see screenshot attached).

Can you clarify if you can have external app name and then the computer name? If you have multiple external apps open for the same connection you would want to see that in the connection tab.
Hi,

recenttly this will only be available for only ONE external app per conneton, like this:

Step 1: Create a external app inside vRD
Step 2: Create a connection and name it for instance "server1"
Step 3: In the properties of the connection object created in step 2 go to the tab "Ext. App." and seect from the drop down list the extrnal app of step step 1.
Step 4: On the general tab of the connection properties select ext. app as protocol.

When you now start the connection, the externa app will be taken as protocol and thus it will be shown the connection name

Unfortunately in all other cases you are running a external app with vRD the name in vRD is the name of the ext app itself and not of the connection.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
is2gu Wrote:The closed beta is great. Thank you very much.

I will register you. You will get the appropriate information for taking part in the beta test very soon...
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:...
Unfortunately in all other cases you are running a external app with vRD the name in vRD is the name of the ext app itself and not of the connection.

That's better than nothing but not desirable. It would be better to just let us use our own variables in the external app name.
is2gu Wrote:
Thomas Hertwig Wrote:...

That's better than nothing but not desirable. It would be better to just let us use our own variables in the external app name.

I agree. I just tried to do the same thing and was going to create a feature request, but found that is2gu already had.