Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual Indication of conneciton in use (G)
We are currently evaluating vRD for use in an outside application support environment. The primary feature that would justify the expense of the product is to be able to tell that a shared connection is being used without having to go into Administration - Connection History and searching for it.

Our staff will be connecting to servers belonging to users of our application, so these servers are not part of our domain. Our staff members do not have individual credentials on the customers servers, so what we are trying to prevent is the collisions that occur when one staff is on a server and another staff connects.
I second this request. If it had this feature, we would probably purchase.
Hi,

when showing the session information of a server, all recently logged in users will be displayed. Then you always know, how actually is working on a computer. How to deal with that option is described in the online help chapter Remote Desktop Tab -> Polling interval to discover the session information .
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
That doesn't appear to be working for me. I have the polling interval turned on but as you can see in the screenshot below a connected session does NOT display in another users list of Connections.

Thomas Hertwig Wrote:Hi,

when showing the session information of a server, all recently logged in users will be displayed. Then you always know, how actually is working on a computer. How to deal with that option is described in the online help chapter Remote Desktop Tab -> Polling interval to discover the session information .
Hi,

did you check, if you meet the requirements for this feature as mentioned in the online help?
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
I see what you mean now. No, all those requirements are not really feasible in our environment.
You have this table (vRDConnStates) showing who's connected to what, why not just update the connection status icons based on the info in this table?

Thomas Hertwig Wrote:Hi,

did you check, if you meet the requirements for this feature as mentioned in the online help?