Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown client error
Hi all

I have a strange problem. I have installed vRD 2010 on a Windows 2003 R2 server and use a Citrix XenApp 4.5 Published Application to connect to the server and give users access. So far so good.

It works as expected for my user (which is a System Administrator and also the user I used to install vRD 2010). For my colleague (who is also a system administrator) we get the error "Unknown Client Error 4294967295" when trying to connect to ICA enabled connections. This problem also apply to all other users in our environment (non system administrators). In fact the only user who can use ICA is my user.

Anyone knows what this is?
Which ICA Client version do you have?
Can the users with the issue use the native Citrix client (PN, PNAgent, WebClient, etc.) without problems or not?
Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Which ICA Client version do you have?
Can the users with the issue use the native Citrix client (PN, PNAgent, WebClient, etc.) without problems or not?

The problem seems to be with the ICA client. We have tried both 11.2 and 11.02 and for my user it is working, but no-one else can start the Citrix Client on the server, not through vRD and not through PNAgent or anything else. The strange thing is that we get no error messages anywhere but when you try to connect to a published desktop through the ICA client on the server nothing happens at all!

We tried deleting profiles to no avail, the only user working is mine!
we have the same problem: Unknown client error 0

Which ICA Client version do you have?

Windows Server 2008 R2

yes, there is no problem

we have tried following ASG RD Versions
- 2015 (this is the currently installed Version 8.0.4819.0)
- 2016 P1

with all the same problem, only if I downgrade the ICA Client to 4.3.100.10 then it works. But this is not an option for us
Yes - I know this problem - we tried to integrate the latest version of ICA-Client but it doesn't work either - so we have to wait on the next release of ICA-Client and try again... Getting support from Citrix on those issues is mostly a mess...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-07-2016, 09:23 AM)DevOma Wrote: Yes - I know this problem - we tried to integrate the latest version of ICA-Client but it doesn't work either - so we have to wait on the next release of ICA-Client and try again... Getting support from Citrix on those issues is mostly a mess...

Are there any News about that Feature?
Our Customer and we too needs this
Hi unfortunatley I can't report any news right now, but I hope we will have some more insight after vacation time.
Possibly we can get some infos next week (at best) and we will post it here as soon as we have it !

Best regards,
Michael Scholz
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
There is no new Citrix receiver released - Version 4.4 should work - Version 4.4.1000 not - I'm sorry, we will try to update as Citrix publish a new version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver