Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make vsRemoteDesktop portable (G)
  • my biggest problem to switch from mRemote, is to get vsRD portable workin on usb-stick!
  • the icon "tool" does cut the smaller ico images instead of resizing them

How abou it, anybody tried vsRD portable? and yes i know no citrix will work that way, but hey the rest is the main thing we need Smile and you might try lyberkeys switching mode.

best regards

peet

ps: no beta bugs discovered by now ?!?
Hi,

the possibility to use vRD also on a USB stick as portable version is on the roadmap for a future version.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
hi thomas,

sounds interesting, but what does "a future version" mean? You did not even say "next" future version, so the question is are we talking about weeks, months or years? Right at the point now it's gettin intersting to switch from mremote, but portabitility is essential for a lot of people.

The parallel use of both is gettin more and more complicated with the time and might not be really useful at the end (errors in importing the config files may ocour, too i believe i had some issues converting the mremote config file, i think the password might not have been takin over, which could be a security point, but i did not read something about).

Is there a roadmap to see/read anywhere for vsRD future development?

Best regards

peet
Hi peet,

The plan is to provide such a functionality with the next major version, means by end of this year.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
hi thomas,

that is quite a long time!

Is there any known workaround maybe?

Best regards

peet
me once more Smile

is there a way to help you in that process makin it portable, if so just drop me a line.

br

peet
Hi peet,

thanks for that offer.

I will talk to my colleagues and will come back to you...
Grüße/Regards

Thomas