Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Request - Notes field
Although there is a Description field what I would like to see is a Notes field too. Ideally, I'd like to be able to see these fields displayed in the right pane when the server object is highlighted on the left (until the connection is made).

I'd like the visibility of these to be controlled by permissions so if we store privileged information like application passwords in the notes, we can choose who can see it.

It would be nice if there was an option to provide say credentials specific to the Web URL (out of band management card address?) in a pop-up bubble. At the moment we would store this in the description field.
After rolling out vRD to our entire support org. we're faced with the same demand:

- Being able to store server/connection specific information (config, passwords, other info) along with the connection

- Users having easy access to this information without needing to open Properties and browse tabs and fields - fx. "rightclick connection > Show Notes" or as above "select connection > info is automatically displayed in a unintrusive popup, in a docked Notes window (like fx "Status Messages"), in a the statusline or similar.". Could also be a toolbar icon that lights up when a selected connection has stored information.

- Being able to control access to this information using pemissions

Being able to attach files to a connection - or at least store references (HTTP, URL etc.) for easy access to documentation would also be very handy.

This increases the need for "connections pointers" or "shortcuts" so the same connection can be created in different folders, without having to duplicate all the additional information attached/embedded in the connection.