Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tab navigation
Today the only buttons for tab-navigation, are the two arrows on the right side of the tab-bar, that can be used to slide the tab-bar back and forth.

In earlier versions (fx. 2010, see attachment) you had 4 navigation-buttons:
- Previous tab
- Next Tab
- Tab list
- Close tab

I know there are shortcut-keys for moving back and forth between tab (Previous - Next), but I still miss the ability to cycle between the tabs using the buttons, and I especially miss the "Tab list" button and the "Close" (X) button.

Every tab has a close button on it which is fine (don't remove it), but the smart thing about the old close button was that it remained in the same place all the time (well almost, it disappeared on the Overview tab), so you could just press the X in rapid succession to close a bunch of tabs quickly.

The "Tab list" was also very handy and even though the Overview does kind of the same thing, a dropdown list of open connection is sometimes faster to navigate, especially if it is alphabetically sorted.

So I vote for the return of the old navigation keys.

I previously also suggested a "First" and "Last" navigation-key, to jump to the start and the end of the tab-bar if you have many tabs open. Today you have to press the scroll-button and patiently wait as it scrolls the tabs all the way to the start/end.

Shortcut-keys for the actions would help, fx. Alt+ArrowUp to jump to the first tab - and Alt+ArrowDown to jump to the last tab (Using Alt+End and Alt+Home (or PgUp/PgDn) would be more logical, but these (except Alt+End) are already assigned to other shortcuts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Actually, would it be possible to show the Close (X) button on the tabs just when you hover the mouse cursor over a tab? Today you have to click the tab to activate it before the X is visible.

If you could make the tab light-up (like when you select it) when you hover over it, it will be possible to close tabs without having to first activate them. It would also make it easier to see the names of the tabs because you can "highlight" them just by hovering over it.

Actually it would be the the same tab functionality as found in Firefox.
*bump*

I've been asked by collegues about the missing "tab list" (that existed in earlier version).
Any chance to get it back?
*bump*

Anyone?

I keep getting asked about the dropdown with open connections.............
We changed some things, which influences this option, so that it is not available anymore and recently there is no chance to get it back, sorry.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thats too bad, it was a good feature that greatly helped with the overview when you have many connections open (more than fit on the tab-bar).

Since the connections are listed on the Overview, it just seemed easy to also put them in a dropdown...

I'll let my collegues know... :-(

Thanks
/Nicolaj
Is this still a dead end? When you work with more tabs than is visible on the tab-bar, it is a major nuisance to only have the to arrow to work with, especially since it doesn't move entire tabs along but only slides over partial tabs.

We could REALLY use "first / last tab" buttons - and also the connection dropdown is sorely missed.

Is there really nothing at all to be done in that regards?

Thanks for the effort,
Nicolaj
ASG please comment on the topic with the second most views in your feature request forum.
No update for more than 7 month!!!
Bastian, I don't think the product is as community-driven on the feature-side anymore as it was the case earlier. Really a shame Sad
+1 for having "connection dropdown" back again.