Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embed Quick Connect in the toolbar
I have made this request a couple of times earlier, but can't find it doing a Search, so it was probably submitted in a Beta forum.

I would love to have the Quick Connect embedded on the toolbar, so you don't have to open a seperate window to connect. Yes, you can dock the Quick Connect, but it takes up precious screen-space. Embedding it on the toolbar don't take up additional screenspace.

The attached pic is an old mockup I made, which of course lacks the Credentials dropdown, but I think you get the idea Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

drlandau Wrote:I have made this request a couple of times earlier, but can't find it doing a Search, so it was probably submitted in a Beta forum.

I would love to have the Quick Connect embedded on the toolbar, so you don't have to open a seperate window to connect. Yes, you can dock the Quick Connect, but it takes up precious screen-space. Embedding it on the toolbar don't take up additional screenspace.

The attached pic is an old mockup I made, which of course lacks the Credentials dropdown, but I think you get the idea Smile

I second this request but also suggest a modification. I frequently use Quick Connect and Find Items. Ideally, the quick connect box would be embedded in the toolbar as suggested by drlandau, but the box should also search existing connections using google suggest type functionality (dynamically built drop down which filters as you type). Additionally, you should be able to set focus on this box with a hotkey. This way, if you have a hostname/IP address in your clipboard, you could just use the keyboard to set focus, paste, and connect. Either the connection is existing and its found, or its not and you can quick connect.

I'm not sure of the best way to capture some of the other connection options (credentials, protocol, display), but I'm sure you guys can come up with something.
Any chance this will be considered for implementation?
(running vRD2011)