Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Connect: Custom credentials
Running vRD 2010 R2, but don't recall seeing the feature in the vRD 2011 beta.

When launching Quick Connect, you can select credentials from a dropdown.

Sometimes you need to connect with new credentials that aren't already added to the Credetials-store (fx. individual user or test logins).
You can select "None" but this just displays the normal logon-screen where you can't use cut'n'paste to paste complex passwords.

Therefore it would be handy to have an option of specifying custom credentials in the Quick Connect dialog, that will allow you to type the username and password BEFORE conneting to the server, instead of selecting a pre-defined one from the credentials list. And possible with a checkbox "Save credentials" that allows you to save the credentials for later use.
*bumb*

Any chance this will be considered for implementation?
We really miss this possibility for complex passwords not stored in Credentials.
Any chance this will be considered for implementation?

We really miss this option when working with different customer accounts.

(running vRD2011)
I will go through the feature request list and will decide what to implement (if possible) for vRD 2012
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Did this make it into vRD 2012?
No - why are you not using the "Advanced"-button in QuickConnect if you want to specify some new creds? If we add more and more fields to the quick connect it isn't really a quick connect anymore...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We don't ask to add any new fields to the Quick Connect.

It could be done simply by adding a "Custom..." or "Specify..." item to the credentials dropdown (just like you can select "None"). If you select this, you'll be prompted for username/password that is used when connecting.

Two reasons not to use the Advanced method:
1) It means we need to save EVERY login to the database. We don't want to do this, since some logins are only used once (fx when testing for a particular customer account). We have roughly 10.000 customer accounts...and can safely say that we DON'T want all these created in the database over time. We want the options of ad hoc credentials.

2) See below - I think that says everything Smile

Using Advanced
1) Press "Quick Connect"
2) Type computername
3) Click Advanced
4) Select Credentials
5) Select Personal credentials
6) Press New
7) Type name
8) Type username
9) Type domain
10) Press OK
11) Press OK
12) Close Quick Connect (because the new credential don't exist in the list yet - and isn't applied if connecting)
13) Open Quick Connect again
14) In Credentials browse the credentials and select the new credential just created
15) Press Connect

Proposed method:
1) Press "Quick Connect"
2) Type computername
3) In credentials select "Specify..." (could be using a shortcut-key)
4) Press ENTER
5) Type/paste username
6) Type/paste password into popup
7) Press OK to connect

See the difference? Wink
Are this feature being considered?
So...nothing?
I missed this thread but I will add it to my todo list - I think that will be implemented in next version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver