Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Suddenly get error code 516
Hi

I've been using Visionapp Remote Desktop for a few weeks, and it's been working great. I have created several connections, and stored user passwords, meaning that it has just been a matter of double-clicking on them to connnect to the servers in question.

This morning, however, neither of my connections work anymore Sad The all result in the error message "The remote computer 'ip-addr-here' returned an RDP protocol error (Return Code: 516)". It then suggests (in Norwegian..) that the the server may be offline, there are name resolution problems etc.

BUT it is still very much possible to connect to all the servers using mstsc, so the problem must be related to the Remote Desktop app somehow. I have rebooted my PC, but the problem remains.

I use RD version 2010 R2 (7.0.3088.0)

What could be the problem?

BR,
Frank W. Mortensen
Are there any changes in your network configuration? Did you try to "quickconnect" to any of your computers using ip address instead of server name?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I did not try quickconnect, but I have used the IP address rather than names for each connection all the time, as we these servers do not resolve from my PC. And it has worked before. Also bear in mind that it worked fine today when using mstsc, so any external network config changes would not explain the problem, would they?

Anyway, I have this afternoon upgraded to RD 2011, and now it works again. But based on the fact that I have seen other people experiencing this problem in RD, but not when using mstsc, I think Visionapp should try to get to the bottom of this problem.

DevOma Wrote:Are there any changes in your network configuration? Did you try to "quickconnect" to any of your computers using ip address instead of server name?