Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server did not offer supported security type!
I'm having this strange error with SmartCode VNC Viewer. I can logon fine if I use the UltraVNC Viewer. I'm having problem to pin point the problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What kind of VNC server do you use and what kind of authentication is configured on your server? Please try another authentication mode on your server.

The SmartCode VNC viewer supports not all authentication modes because some of them are vendor specific and not public, e.g. RealVNC Ent. Ed. Windows Authentication.
I'm using UltraVNC. This seem to happen on Windows 7 and probably UltraVNC 1.0.9.5. I'm not sure the degree of how UltraVNC is involve as I cannot get it to work either with 1.0.8.2 on those specific machines. This is now occuring in two PCs. We are progressively upgrading XP machines to Windows 7. I do however have windows 7 with Uvnc 1.0.8.2 working well with both VNC Viewer and Visionapp RD.

We have like 40+ machines setup with UltraVNC, so on these two machines, I cannot pin point the problem. All I know is that with version 1.0.9.5, I can connect just fin with any version of VNC Viewer, but I can't if I try through Visionapp Remote Desktop.

I'm still trying to id the problem. But for the moment, we are jamed at using VNC Viewer aside with those machines. It will become a pain in the b*tt if more and more machines stops working with Visionapp RD.
I can confirm it is a problem with SmartCode VNC Viewer (or how Visionapp RD use the API) and UltraVNC Server 1.0.9.5. I have tried both 32 and 64 bits version on XP and Windows 7 and this error systematically appear: "Server did not offer supported security type!", but with the UltraVNC Viewer (I have 1.0.8.0 locally) it works.

I am now reverting those machines to an older version of UltraVNC Server. I will post back the version I found to work.
Thank you for your feedback, I forward this information to the responsible developer, maybe he can solve this with a newer SmartCode VNC Control version in the next vRD version.
Andreas Mariotti Wrote:Thank you for your feedback, I forward this information to the responsible developer, maybe he can solve this with a newer SmartCode VNC Control version in the next vRD version.

Thank you. I'm confirming that this occur only with 1.0.9.5. So anything < 1.0.9 works well.
This is happening to us as well.
Hello,
Has there been any progress on this thread? From VisionApp Ent. Ed., when attempting to connect to RealVNC Ent. Ed players using VNC, port 5900, ZRLE encoding I am returning this error: "Smartcode VNC Viewer. No configured security type is supported in 3.3 viewer".

Is there a more transparent way to resolve rather than specifying RealVNC as an external application?

Thank you,
Chris Chamberlain
Hello,

As the third party vendor component Smartcode VNC viewer will not be developed any further, we do not have any chance to solve that.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
so this issue will never be resolved?

We just rolled out 1.0.9 for about 150 of our users. We were hanging on to hope that this issue would be resolved in the next update.

If it isnt, that pretty much makes Visionapp useless for us. That is a real shame, because we really liked the program.
Any update with this or no?
Hi,

Recently we are checking the different possibilities.
As soon as we do have news about that we will let you know.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
I had this same issue when trying to use remote vnc on my android to connect with my realvnc enterprise on windows 7 it came up with "security type unsupported" try and set encryption to "preferred on" instead of always on, or disable it altogether
(02-08-2011, 08:38 AM)Thomas Hertwig Wrote: Hi,

So? We ditch VisionApp and buy the SmartCode VNC Manager?
(27-01-2012, 11:45 PM)ppanoisiv Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 08:38 AM)Thomas Hertwig Wrote: Hi,

So? We ditch VisionApp and buy the SmartCode VNC Manager?

Soooo. Our 3 years support will be up at the end of the month and we now have a bunch of PCs to which we have to use the vncviewer instead of the embedded smartcode viewer.

I'm guessing we will have to go for Devolution's Remote Desktop, right? (since we will obviously be stuck with this defective software).
This post has been posted since year 2011.

Does any have solution for this for Standard - ASG Remote Desktop 2012 (version 7.2.3955.0)?

I tried to add VNC connection to UltraVNC server with version 1.0.9.5 or 1.2.0.1 it does not work. Same error as described in this thread. 

SmartCode VNC Viewer
Server Did not offer supported security type!
We updated the VNC component with version 2015 - you can try it with eval version. Version 2012 is not supported anymore...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver