Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add connection via command line
Hi,

it would be great if vRD can add new connections via command line parameter.

like vRD70.exe /add n=name c=computername p=protocol w=webURL and so on (including the destination folder)
What about the possibility to add connections using a csv? Because this is already available.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
Hi,

CSV is a possible way, but you can't import a csv via command line.

So automation is not possible. Sad
This would help me too.

We have a CMDB in SQL as well as the vRD2011 Database, and it's not very user friendly to 'synchronise' our CMDB to vRD2011.

At the moment we have to:
- Manually Export our Systems from the CMDB to CSV (several times, as we have them sorted in different ways using Folders in vRD2011)
- Manually Import the different CSV files into vRD2011

Any possibility to automate the importing of connections would be greatly appreciated, either via commandline (so it is scriptable), or by automating it via SQL Server (CMDB and vRD2011 databases are on the same Server).

I have been told that maybe in a next version some kind of synch and/or API will be implemented.
+1 vote for me
+1 vote for me as well.

Adding via a powershell commandlet would be ideal. This would allow us to automate processes and provision admins into the database automatically. It would also allow us to add permissions, folders, and external applications automatically, reducing the time taken to provission new users into the visionapp database.
+1 vote for us to.

this would be verry helpful.
Also automatic deletion of connections in this way.