Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feature Request] iPad Client
I know it's a long shot, but we'd love an iPad client for vRD. Are there any plans for something like this?

Thanks.
Hi,

Not right now, sorry.
Grüße/Regards

Thomas
+1 for this one! Any time-frame other than "not now"?

I'm currently struggling to find decent iPad alternatives and even though I know it would be a considerable effort to put this in place, I do feel that you'll loose the bandwagon if you don't jump while you're ahead: iPads are getting into companies faster than you guys can code and someone else might make a not-so-good-but-ipad-supporting alternative to your product and I might be very tempted to make the jump!

You know what they say about cameras? The best one is the one you have *with* you, meaning that even a poor phone pic is better than no pic at all. The same goes for just about any tool and if someone comes along with something that has the bare features of your app but also runs on iPad, I may as well have the trouble of re-typing connection/credentials for a hundred or so systems we use...

For me, the "bare" features would be:
1) store connections / credentials on a DB so it can be easily shared by everyone;
2) allow RDP/SSH connections.

Put those two in place in both iPad and Windows and I'm sold. Sure, there's a lot more to your product and we even use some of the other features such as restricted profiles, but we could live without that... Currently I'm the only one of my team with an iPad, but that may be changing very soon (would have already if this S/W was already there!)