Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SOLVED] Support for vSphere / Hyper-V
vSphere Support:
New protocoll support to display all running machines below a vsphere server (Virtual Center/ESX..). Then allow to connect to these machines via the VM Console.
(See VMware Guest Console: http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vgc)

Hyper-V Support:
New protocoll support for connection to a hyper-v server.
Display all running vm machines below that server and allow to connect to that machine (e.g. via vmconnect.exe using the RSAT Tools http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/det...laylang=en&id=7887)
vSphere is already implemented for vRD 2012 - planned to release in November 2011

HyperV is planned for the next version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We are also interested in vSphere integration. When will vRD 2012 be available?

(14-09-2011, 12:21 PM)DevOma Wrote: vSphere is already implemented for vRD 2012 - planned to release in November 2011

HyperV is planned for the next version

March 2012
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
My original request contains the ability to connect to a virtual machine via the VMware Remote Console (vmware-vmrc.exe).

This would be a big improvement !!
It is implemented in vRD 2012 - first sync a folder with ESX and then you have this feature for the connection objects
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(05-06-2012, 09:34 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is implemented in vRD 2012 - first sync a folder with ESX and then you have this feature for the connection objects

It was my fault. I did not looked at the administration menu..

Thanks a lot
I just tried to integrate vmware-vmrc.exe as an external application together with your folder synchronization feature.
Unfortunately the required moID is only used for synchronization but could not be used for the external application!

Please either allow the moID as a parameter for the external application or (better) integrate the VMware console as a seperate supported protocol in order to connect to machines which do not support RDP, SSH etc.
If you have synced your vmware folder you can select an server, right click and you have the ability to use "Connect to console" via "Administration vSphere" - the vmware client must be installed to use this feature
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Oh sorry.
I just looked at the connection properties and tried to do it on my own.
Is there a chance that additional functions like mounting/dismounting will be supported in the future?
If you have any additional feature requests please feel free to post in the Feature Request forum - we collect all requests and try to integrate as much as we can :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver