Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICONs disappearing
Sad 
When using SQL-Server and adding custom Icons through Extras / Seetings / Icon Administration they are disappearing after closing and reopen VisionApp on the same or a different Computer.
Perhaps a wrong icon format - I know that this feature is used by many customers so I would know if there is bug!?! And I tried myself and is working - One idea is that there is a corrupt icon in the list and the load process stops unexpectedly - could you please check your Application Event Log for any errors after starting vRD?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi, I have the same problem.

I made a database environment, created connections and added custom icons one week ago. These custom icons are created/defined within ASG Remote Desktop so it seems unlikely that they would have a wrong format.
After restarting ASG RD the connections all have the default connection icon.

When I change an existing custom icon or make a new one the icon is shown again but only after a connection to that server is opened. The icons of the connection remains until the end of the ASG RD-session.

So I can work around it by:
1. Starting ASG RD
2. Change or add a custom icon
3. Open ALL sessions
4. Close the sessions again
Et voila: icons at all my connections for the remainder of the ASG RD-session.
Unfortunately this is not a working solution for me.

The software version: ASG Remote Desktop 2012 version 7.3.4144.0.

The Application Event Log doesn't show errors right after starting ASG RD.
Some errors I see from previous sessions:

--

ASG-Remote Desktop
Error resolving the docking layout definition

--

An unhandled exception has occurred. Please check your settings.

More details:
ExecuteNonQuery: Connection property has not been initialized.(visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ExceptionHandler.vCCException)
visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ExceptionHandler.vCCException
ExecuteNonQuery: Connection property has not been initialized.

--

ASG-Remote Desktop
An error occurred while trying to connect

More details:
ExecuteNonQuery: Connection property has not been initialized.(visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ExceptionHandler.vCCException)
visionapp.vCCCommonLib.ExceptionHandler.vCCException
ExecuteNonQuery: Connection property has not been initialized.

--

I hope this helps you with troubleshooting the problem.
I'm sorry, but at the moment I can not really reproduce - but I try and I need some more info

Do you only use "custom icons" - not from icon file? Or both?

What happens if you press F5? I had one try (and I'm really trying every possibility to reproduce) where my icons in the Icon-Administration were gone - but after restart of the app everything works fine again...

Is the problem occuring for every user? How it looks like if User A defines an Icon - can User B see this icon? I'm sorry, I really want to find out what happens - but at the moment I can't because I cannot reproduce...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi DevOma,

Thanks for your reply.

I only use custom icons.
F5 doesn't work initially, but after I edit a custom icon it does.

If A defines an icon, B can see it after editing an icon and F5.
B has the same situation: icons appear after editing an icon and F5.

Regards,
Peter
Same Problem here!

Yesterday everything was fine. Today all Icons disappeard....
I tried to recreate them, but after the next restart of the Remote Desktop they are gone again. Sad

I only used custom Icons.

Edit: Version 7.3.4130.0
Are there any application event log entries? Can you send me your datasource so I can check it? Perhaps any data inconsistency I can't reproduce at the moment - do you use database or file mode? If you want to send your data to me please send to "support.emea@asg.com" and add a link to this thread
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I could reproduce - just once - but now I will try to reproduce in debug mode and then I can analyse what happens
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok, I think I found the bug - an Caching issue - did you activate automatic refresh (Application settings) - because in my tests only a refresh of the treeview cleared all icons in the cache and after that they won't be loaded anymore...

If nobody goes to the Settings and save them the icons should be there after a program restart - but if you press OK in the Settings dialog you will save the cleared icons list...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver