Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2014 - BETA / Roadmap
Dear ASG-RD-Users,

It’s time to write some words about the future of the product Rolleyes
I know that we announced a new major version earlier – but we didn’t expect as much effort to create a newly designed application. We had several requests that make a redesign of the data architecture necessary. This allowed us to integrate some major changes and to implement new features faster than ever into the product and have shorter update cycles in the future, but it cost much time to finish the redesign of the current product.

The main changes in the newly designed app are:
- Private and Public objects for all object types (folders, credentials, connections, applications)
- Inheritance of properties for all objects on every level (from folder to folder and from folder to connections) – and in database mode additional personalization of properties (not all, but all that makes sense)
- Automatic Offline Mode in Database environments – will be enhanced in near future with sync of offline edited data
- Newly designed export and import – users can choose any data to export and import / no difference between file or database mode
- Newly designed navigation tree view with standard drag and drop functionality – sort, ordering of items will be personalized
- New security options to protect your data (not implemented in beta, but will be in RTM)
- New roles concept that allows users only to see, edit and maintain data that is needed (e.g. activate only protocols you use on folder or connection level and reduce the data amount that is saved and maintained by the user)
- API for accessing the data will be added in near future – design is already implemented

In a first step we would like to start a “beta test” for interested users with in the next week – everybody is welcome to give feedback, report bugs and so on. We will provide a closed forum for the beta test with a limited number of users. Everybody who is interested should reply to this thread and will get notification when we start with the Beta version…

After finalizing the current version we will add more new functions that are already requested – new protocols, update existing protocol support, API, …
We have a huge list of requests that we like to add and will add very soon – and we think we will get more requests from our customers Wink We will be able with the new app to integrate features quicker than ever before.

Thanks for your patience and staying with ASG-RD!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Do you have full list of changes to provide or just the major changes right now? I don't think I could have this in production but I could stand up a second environment.
Details will follow :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am honored to participate in this test.
Hi, i´m interested in the new Version. Please provied me with further information.
Thx
ich auch
I would like to participate in this beta test.
(10-04-2014, 10:01 PM)DevOma Wrote: Dear ASG-RD-Users,

It’s time to write some words about the future of the product Rolleyes
I know that we announced a new major version earlier – but we didn’t expect as much effort to create a newly designed application. We had several requests that make a redesign of the data architecture necessary. This allowed us to integrate some major changes and to implement new features faster than ever into the product and have shorter update cycles in the future, but it cost much time to finish the redesign of the current product.

The main changes in the newly designed app are:
- Private and Public objects for all object types (folders, credentials, connections, applications)
- Inheritance of properties for all objects on every level (from folder to folder and from folder to connections) – and in database mode additional personalization of properties (not all, but all that makes sense)
- Automatic Offline Mode in Database environments – will be enhanced in near future with sync of offline edited data
- Newly designed export and import – users can choose any data to export and import / no difference between file or database mode
- Newly designed navigation tree view with standard drag and drop functionality – sort, ordering of items will be personalized
- New security options to protect your data (not implemented in beta, but will be in RTM)
- New roles concept that allows users only to see, edit and maintain data that is needed (e.g. activate only protocols you use on folder or connection level and reduce the data amount that is saved and maintained by the user)
- API for accessing the data will be added in near future – design is already implemented

In a first step we would like to start a “beta test” for interested users with in the next week – everybody is welcome to give feedback, report bugs and so on. We will provide a closed forum for the beta test with a limited number of users. Everybody who is interested should reply to this thread and will get notification when we start with the Beta version…

After finalizing the current version we will add more new functions that are already requested – new protocols, update existing protocol support, API, …
We have a huge list of requests that we like to add and will add very soon – and we think we will get more requests from our customers Wink We will be able with the new app to integrate features quicker than ever before.

Thanks for your patience and staying with ASG-RD!

I would be interested to join the Beta program.
I am interested in joining the beta program as well.

Do you have any estimate on when the final version will be publicly available? Due to the lack of recent updates to this product, our company has begun looking at alternatives. I would prefer to stick with AST-RD since I really like it so if I can provide an estimated date when the new version will be available along with my participation in the beta program, they might consider staying with ASG.

Thank you.
I also want to participate. Please provide me with further informations.

Thank you.
Cool 
Happy to be a Beta Tester...
Hello.

Would be nice to test the new version.

Thank you.

Greetings
Martin
I would like to participate in this beta test.

Best regards
I'd like to test the new version too !) Happy user since more that 2 years Cool
I would also like to be a part of Beta testing please.
Thanks for the roadmap, I would like to participate in the beta test as well.
Beta Tester +1 :-)
Interested in the Beta Smile
I'm interested in participating in the beta testing!
I would like to participate in the beta