Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not able to login after enabling Activate User Premissions
After enabling "Activate user permissions" I am unable to launch the application and connect to the database that was just created. The error below is logged in the event log after clicking Login but nothing happens, it just says at the "Login to..." screen. This started after enabling the "Activate user permissions" option.

Application: ASGRD.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
Stack:
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.DataAccessor.InitializeUserSecurity(CloudAdminCommon.User.vCCIdentity, System.Security.Principal.IdentityReferenceCollection)
at CloudAdminCommon.User.UserLogin.InitPassThrough()
at CloudAdminConsole.Helper.EnvironmentLogin.Login()
at CloudAdminConsole.Program.Main(System.String[])
Ok, second post with problems after activating permissions - perhaps the new .NET framework works different with some security settings - we will piblish tomorrow new binaries and there the "ASGRDElevated"-version will work correctly - so just try to use this version - if there is no difference I can publish a DEBUG-version to find out which code piece throws the exception...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ohh great one more with the same problem..
One question - do you use SQL Server with "case sensitive collation"???

I think I know where the error occurs - but still not exactly why - found a column that was not case sensitive in the stored proc...

Else there must be an error that the system can't get your current SID from your windows account - but we did a lot of testing with different users and sql databases... and didn't get this before...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am using SQL Server (2012) but it is not using case sensitive collation. (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS)
http://forum.visionapp.com/showthread.php?tid=8332

New binaries are available - and if it is not working we will try to evaluate your problems next week step by step...

Please try to use also the ASGRDElevated.exe file - perhaps a difference?!?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

Still same problem with permissions Sad

// Kristoffer
Same here as well, can't login after activating permissions.
Did you try to use ASGRDElevated.exe to start the program? Same problem?

I'm currently evaluating a customer database - the data seems to be correct, but somewhere in the login process there must be an error...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-09-2014, 02:15 PM)DevOma Wrote: Did you try to use ASGRDElevated.exe to start the program? Same problem?

I'm currently evaluating a customer database - the data seems to be correct, but somewhere in the login process there must be an error...

I was using ASGRDElevated.exe.
I think I found the issue - will test it right now and then try to publish an update tomorrow...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Just uploaded new binaries (overwriting RC2 binaries) - just download, install and try to execute Migration again... should solve the problems...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Same result (Tried with ASGRDElevated.exe)
Installed new RC2 (v8.0.4647.0) over existing.
Ok, I will check again - the problem with lost private credentials was solved with that build - I try to focus now on the permissions problem...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,, Whats the staus on this?

// Kristoffer
Sorry, answered in another thread - binaries are updated again - found the issue (could reproduce in my env) and fixed it - I thing you are member of "a larger domain" and are assigned to a lot of groups - and there was an error in the sql communication...

You only have to update the binaries - database is ok :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you will test now

// Kristoffer
Waiting for your fedback :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Is there a new RC2 download? I used http://d2l2g77p7dyozs.cloudfront.net/ASG..._Setup.zip and still have the same issue with not being able to login after enabling permissions. The install file is dated 9/22, is there a newer one?

My mistake, I had a hidden window when extracting the setup file so I was still using the older version :-)

I just installed the latest RC2 and so far the permission issues appears to be resolved. I can now login with permissions enabled.
Ok
Regards/Gruss
Oliver